1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Twitter: Ceedee Lamb interviews with 105.3 the Fan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WillieBeamen, May 21, 2020.

1. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,426 Messages
    17,637 Likes Received
    Looking forward to this upcoming season and watching CDL display his talents. He's talented, he's driven and he will play with a supporting cast that demands attention in their own right. It's a perfect situation to flourish.

#88 :flagwave:

2. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

14,603 Messages
    11,272 Likes Received
    I would have asked for #1...

make a statement baby.

:eek:

3. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

4,269 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    The best thing about this number selection is we should not hear anymore Dez wants to return reports. RIP Dez.

xwalker likes this.
  4. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

2,445 Messages
    2,393 Likes Received
    Selecting 88 probably puts another x amount of jerseys out there with his name on it. The best business decision he could make IMO was taking 88.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,261 Messages
    49,320 Likes Received
    For those that don't know, CB Anthony Brown said he had a chip on his shoulder from being drafted at #189. He has a tattoo of #189 and a potato chip on his shoulder...

WillieBeamen likes this.
  6. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

27,804 Messages
    52,296 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty clear they expect him to eventually be "the guy", regardless of the number on his jersey. I don't think you pick a #2 or #3 WR with the 17th overall, and your first, pick of the draft. But I agree with you, giving him #88 says they expect him to be a franchise WR.

zerofill and WillieBeamen like this.
  7. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

27,804 Messages
    52,296 Likes Received
    It would be nice to be able to reminisce one day about SB wins, and say, "10 absolutely made the defense look stupid!", rather than saying "88" yet again, forcing the person you're talking to to wonder, "Which SB is he talking about?"

8. Wichitaleafs

Wichitaleafs Active Member

188 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Yes, actually kinda hate the whole 88 thing. I mean i get it but put the past to rest.