CeeDee Lamb is literally one of the greatest wide receivers in college football history

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hoping he translates to the NFL. Sure was a lot of teams that think he will. But. None picked him ahead of us.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Well I'm excited.:flagwave: I know some will say he hasn't played a down in the NFL but that's true about every rookie that's starts their NFL journey. Even if he lights it up and is named rookie of the year I'm sure some will point to his supporting cast, making his accomplishment less impressive. In fact I believe years later after he's inducted into the Hall of Fame someone will do an in-depth study on the cornerbacks he faced throughout his career and find out that they were trash.:laugh:

aikemirv

Reaction score
You are way too hung up on the headline.

It puts his college performance in historical context among great NFL WRs. That's all. It doesn't say he ranked second ever or whatever, and it doesn't say it means anything for what he'll be in the NFL.

Really not hung up on the headline - I am hung up on them putting him 2nd on the list of NFL greats as far as college production goes.

The 2 have no bearing on each other as only maybe 6 of the top 60 in the list of YPR in college history have gone on to be stars at the NFL level

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Really not hung up on the headline - I am hung up on them putting him 2nd on the list of NFL greats as far as college production goes.

The 2 have no bearing on each other as only maybe 6 of the top 60 in the list of YPR in college history have gone on to be stars at the NFL level
You are absolutely hung up on the headline, because 2nd is exactly where he ranks among that group. It's not like they made it up, and they don't make the claim that it means anything for what he will be in the NFL.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We absolutely got one of the most talented guys in the draft, a steal by all accounts. But he needs to prove it at the NFL level. Talent alone will do very little on this stage, he needs to work harder than he has ever worked before. Battle through adversity like never before, study like never before, and then we will see how he stacks up to the greats.