Twitter: CeeDee Lamb said he had a businessman conversation with Jerry Jones

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Ive said this many times.... what if Jerry told the mother I want no part of having a baby... so if you do this, you are on your own. Ill support you but Im not involved in raising a child at my age.

Now you may not like it, but I dont like woman getting to decide everything on their own and the man has to suck it up and do what SHE wants to do. BUT, Jerry absolutely handled everything financially. So you can have your morals, but it is what it is.
LoL you know beforehand that she'd make the call in case it happens. So you don't even get into this situation by protecting yourself. Anyone who doesn't doesn't do it is simply an idiot and deserves to having to deal with a complicated flat out b****.

That's what IT is lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LoL you know beforehand that she'd make the call in case it happens. So you don't even get into this situation by protecting yourself. Anyone who doesn't doesn't do it is simply an idiot and deserves to having to deal with a complicated flat out b****.

That's what IT is lol.
You mean like staying faithful to your spouse and all? Yeah man, you can have your morals but there's philanderin' to be had here. It is what it is, you know? Lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You mean like staying faithful to your spouse and all? Yeah man, you can have your morals but there's philanderin' to be had here. It is what it is, you know? Lol.
***? This isn't about morals. It's about not getting into a situation where the woman you banged even gets to make such a decision. Jerry simply wasn't careful enough. I don't care about how faithful people are to their spouses. **** around all you want as far as I'm concerned.

plymkr

Reaction score
Say what you want about Jerry, but this is pretty cool. For all his flaws, he does seem to care about his players, and he does know money.
I bash Jerry a lot but this is super cool of him. I hope CD listens to Jerry and Jerry coaches CD on handling money smartly. My dad has a saying: to make money you need talent, to save money you need wisdom. Hopefully Jerry helps Lamb with the wisdom.

But give Jerry his respect on this. Not a lot of owners, that I’m aware of, care about these guys in a personal level to have this type of conversation with them. Good for Jerry, I respect that of him.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Say what you want about Jerry, but this is pretty cool. For all his flaws, he does seem to care about his players, and he does know money.

This actually annoys me. Jerry is not GIVING CeeDee anything. The owners and players are in a partnership. The NFL has a product that warrants them receiving whatever money they bring in and the players have a talent that warrants them bringing in whatever money they bring in. The owners are compensated for whatever investment they make in their business and the players are compensated for whatever investment they make in their business

The fans have agreed to pay for the entertainment the business the owners and players provide. But the owners don't warn the fans before we invest our money that we should be careful with investing our money in their product,

HanD

Reaction score
This actually annoys me. Jerry is not GIVING CeeDee anything. The owners and players are in a partnership. The NFL has a product that warrants them receiving whatever money they bring in and the players have a talent that warrants them bringing in whatever money they bring in. The owners are compensated for whatever investment they make in their business and the players are compensated for whatever investment they make in their business

The fans have agreed to pay for the entertainment the business the owners and players provide. But the owners don't warn the fans before we invest our money that we should be careful with investing our money in their product,
Jerry's money advice sure is something extra. All the stuff he does outside of football for them like having CEOs come in and talk to them and give them investment and business opportunities. That's something no other owner does. He genuinely to his detriment sometimes doesn't treat it like a business and looks more at the person and how he feels about them.

Now the fans, yeah he's screwed us lol. But the guy is passionate.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I bash Jerry a lot but this is super cool of him. I hope CD listens to Jerry and Jerry coaches CD on handling money smartly. My dad has a saying: to make money you need talent, to save money you need wisdom. Hopefully Jerry helps Lamb with the wisdom.

But give Jerry his respect on this. Not a lot of owners, that I’m aware of, care about these guys in a personal level to have this type of conversation with them. Good for Jerry, I respect that of him.

Yup, if the players are smart, this is one area that they SHOULD be asking Jerry for advice. How to maximize their income and how to keep their earnings as much as possible.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Sure, but it's nice to see that Jerry wants to help his players learn how to invest their money properly and such. The players would do well to learn from Jerry when it comes to money.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jerry's money advice sure is something extra. All the stuff he does outside of football for them like having CEOs come in and talk to them and give them investment and business opportunities. That's something no other owner does. He genuinely to his detriment sometimes doesn't treat it like a business and looks more at the person and how he feels about them.

Now the fans, yeah he's screwed us lol. But the guy is passionate.
I ain't saying he does not care about players, but please retract the following "He genuinely to his detriment sometimes doesn't treat it like a business"

It has, it is and it forever will be a business FIRST to him. And ain't nothing wrong with that. For him OR the players for that matter!

plymkr

Reaction score
Yup, if the players are smart, this is one area that they SHOULD be asking Jerry for advice. How to maximize their income and how to keep their earnings as much as possible.
You know I was watching “Broke” 30 for 30 on Netflix. I didn’t see any Cowboys on it. Also you don’t hear much from former Cowboys players squandering their fortunes. I wonder how much Jerry plays a roll in that. Besides Terrell Owens I don’t know of any highly paid former Cowboys going broke. I could see Jerry giving good advice to these guys.

Lol, you know me. I bash Jerry every chance I get but when he steps up like this you got to give him props for caring for the guys instead of just using them to make more money.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know I was watching “Broke” 30 for 30 on Netflix. I didn’t see any Cowboys on it. Also you don’t hear much from former Cowboys players squandering their fortunes. I wonder how much Jerry plays a roll in that. Besides Terrell Owens I don’t know of any highly paid former Cowboys going broke. I could see Jerry giving good advice to these guys.

Lol, you know me. I bash Jerry every chance I get but when he steps up like this you got to give him props for caring for the guys instead of just using them to make more money.

Yup, and it makes sense. Jerry seems to go to bat for his players. He seems like the kind of boss who is hard to work for, but you want to work for him because you know he cares about you and will go to bat for you every time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
***? This isn't about morals. It's about not getting into a situation where the woman you banged even gets to make such a decision. Jerry simply wasn't careful enough. I don't care about how faithful people are to their spouses. **** around all you want as far as I'm concerned.
Sign-o'-the-times.