Twitter: CeeDee Lamb said he had a businessman conversation with Jerry Jones

Reid1boys

Reaction score
LoL you know beforehand that she'd make the call in case it happens. So you don't even get into this situation by protecting yourself. Anyone who doesn't doesn't do it is simply an idiot and deserves to having to deal with a complicated flat out b****.

That's what IT is lol.
oh so nice of you to dictate the terms of what it takes to be an idiot. There are hundeds of thousands of people, and Im sure a few on this site that went out and had sex with some woman they had no relationship with that resulted in a pregnancy.

That being said, it still doesnt mean he gets no say so.

Sage3030

Reaction score
He’s a despicable human. When he signed Greg Hardy that was the turning point for me. No one with any moral compass would’ve done that after the videos that people saw of him beating that girl

What he did against his own biological daughter this year was even more reprehensible.
To be fair, there wasn’t a video of that(maybe you’re thinking of Ray Rice?), there were pictures that his accuser claimed were of that. In the end, his conviction was overturned and it was expunged. Whether he did it or not…. No one really knows except for them two.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty generic advice. Most of these players are not financially literate and didn't grow up with money or people who know how to manage it. The NFLPA has resources as do most qualified agents. But, at the end of the day, if they want the 10k sq ft mansion and the lambo........not much anyone can do to stop them.

visionary

Reaction score

Say what you want about Jerry, but this is pretty cool. For all his flaws, he does seem to care about his players, and he does know money.

That IS one of his biggest flaws
An owner can be a friend or father figure but a great GM has to be objective above all else

This one of the biggest reasons for our mediocrity. Unfortunately many Cowboys fans just don’t understand this

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
oh so nice of you to dictate the terms of what it takes to be an idiot. There are hundeds of thousands of people, and Im sure a few on this site that went out and had sex with some woman they had no relationship with that resulted in a pregnancy.

That being said, it still doesnt mean he gets no say so.
Yes and if the girl got pregnant they have no right to complain lol. I mean God knows I'm no angel myself but I would have owned it of something like that happened. Until now my mistakes haven't caught up with me lol.

I'm not blaming anyone here, just saying, if that happens own it. Otherwise you should have thought about it beforehand.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes and if the girl got pregnant they have no right to complain lol. I mean God knows I'm no angel myself but I would have owned it of something like that happened. Until now my mistakes haven't caught up with me lol.

I'm not blaming anyone here, just saying, if that happens own it. Otherwise you should have thought about it beforehand.
He did own it... he had an NDA and paid out millions. Thats pretty proactive if you ask me...lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
An owner can be a friend or father figure but a great GM has to be objective above all else

This one of the biggest reasons for our mediocrity. Unfortunately many Cowboys fans just don’t understand this

Perhaps, but I do think it's cool that he cares enough about his players to try to help them financially like this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If you “love this” then you must accept the mediocrity that comes with it

Cannot separate the 2

I mean, why is it bad that he's willing to offer his players financial advice, when he's good at money? That just seems humane to me. It seems like a good employer to me.

Chasing6

Reaction score

He is objective, but that does not mean he is good at it.

visionary

Reaction score
Mediocre teams don't make the playoffs. Mediocre teams don't go 12-5 3 years in a row.
Only less than mediocre teams go 25 years without even a conference championship appearance

Im being generous when i say mediocre