Cell phone use while driving

1942willys

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. At .08 you're not impaired. Even at .10 it's not a big deal. I don't consider it drunk driving. As you've already seen, it's .04 for those with a CDL. It's also .025 to ground you for 24 hours in the state of NJ if you're driving a commercial vehicle. It's pretty much to the point where they are telling you to not drink at all and drive. They don't care if you're impaired or not.

Also keep in mind your blood alcohol level is just one piece of evidence. They don't need that to get you for a DUI. They can charge you with a DUI even if you blow a 0.00. Due to other evidence. Try to beat it in court.
With some people you can be impaired at .04 and some people are still fine a .10

see that is the problem; but what if you have lousy balance and cannot walk the line but are cold sober?

That is why blood alcohol is pretty much the evidence counted on; its clear and its scientific

and I think anyone that drinks and drives at all deserves to die badly as long as they do not hurt anyone else

csirl

Reaction score
Anyone notice a growing trend of drivers watching tv/videos on large screen phones/small tablets on their dashboard? Some are so big that you can identify the tv program, sports event etc. being watched when you drive by them! Lethal stuff.

1942willys

Reaction score
Anyone notice a growing trend of drivers watching tv/videos on large screen phones/small tablets on their dashboard? Some are so big that you can identify the tv program, sports event etc. being watched when you drive by them! Lethal stuff.
yeah; there is more and more in every vehicle to distract the driver; which is so stupid when supposedly they are so fixated on safety

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's like asking why can't you read a book while deiving. Same concept.

I bought a treadmill and a stationary bike and gave up doing it our in the real world because of idiots staring at their phone or sending messages while they're driving.

Do yourself a favor and just clock the number of people you see looking at their phone while you're driving to work or going down a highway. It's eye opening and terrifying.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My Ram has a 12" screen and that thing is distracting as hell. I know there are programs that allow you to watch movies on it too, which is wild to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My Ram has a 12" screen and that thing is distracting as hell. I know there are programs that allow you to watch movies on it too, which is wild to me.
I have to dim the electronic log in my truck when I drive at night. I also turn off the screen in the middle of my dashboard. I see some drivers going along with their navigation screens lit up and their interior light on, and I don't see how they can drive like that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love the large screen for my aging eyes, I don’t find it distracting at all. It was at first though, takes time to know where everything is at.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I still remember the last time I was at the DMV to renew my DL.
Some old man in there complaining about wearing his seatbelt..
He was ranting and raving and people were pretty much ignoring him.

Then he says...what are you going to do when you have your seatbelt on and then wreck and go into the water...like he made some great point.

I looked at him and said...unhook your seatbelt. Just like you would in any other scenario.

One other guy laughed but the old guy just shut his mouth lol.

Seatbelts are for you to help save your life. If you don't wear one and it results in your injury or death...so be it.

Texting and driving does not just hurt you, chances are it will hurt others are you wreck and involve other cars into the wreck.
I carry a seat belt cutter/window breaker in my car.

Flamma

Reaction score
No one notices better than I, as I am a toll collector. I would say it is between 1/3 and 1/2 people are either currently watching something, or texting. Because they shoot off a text in the time it takes me to give them 50 cents change. So you know they were actively doing it while driving.