Center or Tackle

RobZ

Reaction score
I'm curious what yall think about OL drafting this year. Should we address Center first or Tackle?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would take JPJ if he is there or Barton. I think OT at 24 will be low experience High Floor gamble.

McMicah

Reaction score
I think it depends on who is available. That said, I’m personally concerned about going with Mims or Guyton as LTs because (1) they are both kinda boom or bust and (2) neither played LT. I think you’d hope a 1st rounder is your ‘high ceiling + high floor’ pick. I feel like center has more of those players late in the 1st

raven55

Reaction score
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN WILL PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAt's all you have to look forward to your gonna need a good therapist

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Recent history has the cowboys going for the LT over the C taking Tyler smith over linderbaum for whatever that’s worth. In the post draft press conference they said it was because they valued Smiths ability to possibly move outside.

May mean something, may mean nothing for this year.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Recent history has the cowboys going for the LT over the C taking Tyler smith over linderbaum for whatever that’s worth. In the post draft press conference they said it was because they valued Smiths ability to possibly move outside.

May mean something, may mean nothing for this year.
That was true. But this year I think they will believe they can get a plug and play C while moving Tyler to LT and then have Bass or a FA jag fill in at LG.

Otherwise you'd be putting a rookie at LT, possibly one who has only played RT in college, leaving Tyler at LG and then going with Bass/Hoffman at C.

Ideally you'd take the LT. But guys like Mims and Guyton are both pretty raw even though they have a high ceiling. JPJ and Barton look like safer bets as does Fautanu.

That said, we'll probably end up taking a WR or CB or something.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That was true. But this year I think they will believe they can get a plug and play C while moving Tyler to LT and then have Bass or a FA jag fill in at LG.

Otherwise you'd be putting a rookie at LT, possibly one who has only played RT in college, leaving Tyler at LG and then going with Bass/Hoffman at C.

Ideally you'd take the LT. But guys like Mims and Guyton are both pretty raw even though they have a high ceiling. JPJ and Barton look like safer bets as does Fautanu.

That said, we'll probably end up taking a WR or CB or something.
9th LT vs top 1 or 2 Centers?

MikeT22

Reaction score
9th LT vs top 1 or 2 Centers?
More like the 6th/7th OT, but yeah, this year Center is probably the better option. Some years the top center may not go til the 3rd or 4th round.

But ideally you'd take a LT in the first over a Center. But JPJ and Barton look like safer bets and if they can be a mainstay for 8-10+ years there would be no complaints.

Chasing6

Reaction score
More like the 6th/7th OT, but yeah, this year Center is probably the better option. Some years the top center may not go til the 3rd or 4th round.

But ideally you'd take a LT in the first over a Center. But JPJ and Barton look like safer bets and if they can be a mainstay for 8-10+ years there would be no complaints.
I don't want to gamble and miss. 1st round we need a direct hit.

reddyuta

Reaction score
imo a Good Center is needed for a good running game,drafting the top Center in the draft is the way to go.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm curious what yall think about OL drafting this year. Should we address Center first or Tackle?
Depends on the players that is there at 24. I would take the top rated center over the 6th rated tackle but if Mims is there at 24 I don’t know if you can pass on his talent.

morasp

Reaction score
BPA, f that's OL than great but if someone like Lamb falls they really need to take him. One pick drafting for need won't fix this team.

1942willys

Reaction score
BPA, f that's OL than great but if someone like Lamb falls they really need to take him. One pick drafting for need won't fix this team.
honestly I would be reluctant to go BPA there = I would trade out. If someone like that falls to us, we can make a very good deal.

visionary

Reaction score
Have to pay Tyler by end of next year
Move him to LT
He will want T money anyway or leave
Draft C rd 1
Draft OG rd 2
Draft RB rd 3

morasp

Reaction score
honestly I would be reluctant to go BPA there = I would trade out. If someone like that falls to us, we can make a very good deal.
Depending on the situation a trade back could be a good option.

morasp

Reaction score
Have to pay Tyler by end of next year
Move him to LT
He will want T money anyway or leave
Draft C rd 1
Draft OG rd 2
Draft RB rd 3
We must be thinking alike, I did that this morning. The RBs were wiped out at round 3 so I picked one on day 3.

Graham Barton OL
Cooper Beebe OL
Junior Colson LB
Renardo Green CB
Fabien Lovett DT
Tyrone Tracy Jr. RB
Brennan Jackson

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Tackle's the more valuable position. Center is just an easier spot to fill.. you don't need a freakish dancing bear who can handle 30 reps against Myles Garrett.

So given a choice between a good tackle and a good center, I'd take the tackle. But in a vacuum, I'd still say that JPJ and Zack Frazier are worth pick #24. I'm kind of up and down on Barton, but I wouldn't hate picking him either.

1942willys

Reaction score
Tackle's the more valuable position. Center is just an easier spot to fill.. you don't need a freakish dancing bear who can handle 30 reps against Myles Garrett.

So given a choice between a good tackle and a good center, I'd take the tackle. But in a vacuum, I'd still say that JPJ and Zack Frazier are worth pick #24. I'm kind of up and down on Barton, but I wouldn't hate picking him either.
this is where need factors in; if you have two players of about the same rating, take the need position
Now with tyron gone of course tackle is a need as well; but we have Tyler right now; at this moment we have no center at all so by default take the center

Chasing6

Reaction score
this is where need factors in; if you have two players of about the same rating, take the need position
Now with tyron gone of course tackle is a need as well; but we have Tyler right now; at this moment we have no center at all so by default take the center
We like lineman that can play multiple positions, because we are too ignorant to have proper depth. We don't value the trenches.