Center or Tackle

1942willys

Reaction score
We like lineman that can play multiple positions, because we are too ignorant to have proper depth. We don't value the trenches.
lower round guys I can see looking for flexibility
high rd guys you want someone to be EXCELLENT at ONE POSITION; not good at several

1942willys

Reaction score
We liked Tyler because he could play both Guard and Tackle.
that was a minor consideration; he was drafted to play LT and that was what mattered
I doubt it would have changed anything if he could only play tackle

cnuball21

Reaction score
Tackle's the more valuable position. Center is just an easier spot to fill.. you don't need a freakish dancing bear who can handle 30 reps against Myles Garrett.

So given a choice between a good tackle and a good center, I'd take the tackle. But in a vacuum, I'd still say that JPJ and Zack Frazier are worth pick #24. I'm kind of up and down on Barton, but I wouldn't hate picking him either.
100% agree.

If an OT / C are there at 24 with the same grade I’m taking OT 10 times out of 10. You can either look at it as letting Tyler Smith stay at OG and win a bunch of all pros or gives you the opportunity to get out of Steeles contract.

1942willys

Reaction score
100% agree.

If an OT / C are there at 24 with the same grade I’m taking OT 10 times out of 10. You can either look at it as letting Tyler Smith stay at OG and win a bunch of all pros or gives you the opportunity to get out of Steeles contract.
nope. You fill the big hole you have. Basic logic.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm curious what yall think about OL drafting this year. Should we address Center first or Tackle?
Center or guard, Tyler Smith will be our left tackle. Why don't people understand this?

raven55

Reaction score
well jery's got all of the people on this forum hooked again this year with his bs and party boy son SAD ISN'T IT

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Have to pay Tyler by end of next year
Move him to LT
He will want T money anyway or leave
Draft C rd 1
Draft OG rd 2
Draft RB rd 3
Exactly!! Investing large amounts of money to the LG spot, especially when we might still be paying a ton to the RG is a ridiculous use of resources.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Exactly!! Investing large amounts of money to the LG spot, especially when we might still be paying a ton to the RG is a ridiculous use of resources.
1. Draft G/OC Barton and resign Tyron.
2. DT Sweat
3. Shipley