Certain auto manufacturers are planning to do away with AM Radio

Hardline

Reaction score
I would say 90% of what I listen to on the radio is on the AM side of the dial.

Certain auto manufacturers are planning to do away with the AM band in their stock stereo system.

You will have to find links verifying this yourselves.

There is a reason they are trying to do away with AM radio.

I'm curious to know if anyone else listens to mainly AM .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Certain auto manufacturers are planning to do away with the AM band in their stock stereo system.

Oooohhh, conspiracy theory coming….

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

The only thing i have and listen to daily is an AM short wave Radio ( no TV at all since early 90's)
good to hear we share that:)

Hardline

Reaction score
The only thing i have and listen to daily is an AM short wave Radio ( no TV at all since early 90's)
good to hear we share that:)
I tried getting into short wave radio but I have a hard time locating good stations and the static is terrible.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I can't get any AM channels in my area. I used to listen to Cowboys games and a couple of good Oldies stations years ago. I bought a good AM/FM shortwave radio for survival/garage and it picks up hundreds of FM channels and only 4 AM channels.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Movement afoot in the government and FCC to force regulations on automakers to fix it. We shall see

gtb1943

Reaction score
EBS is the main reason the government will probably mandate AM radios in all vehicles.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My only concern would be sports stations. Every once in a blue moon I old school a game on the radio. And I like sports talk better than some music, although looks like a lot of those are going FM.

Creeper

Reaction score
AM is the only band in my area with regular broadcasts of traffic and weather. Sirius/XM eliminated the local traffic and weather channels. Also there are a few areas where I am where satellite reception is spotty. When I drive through those areas instead of listening to my satellite stations come in and out I just switch to AM and listen to the news.

AM is a dying band but I would still prefer to have the option of tuning in when I am in my car.