Chad Jackson??

ghst187

Reaction score
Jackson is probably the 2nd best WR in this draft, should go in the early 2nd round. He's a good player and I think his game will translate well into the NFL. I think Holmes is a little more precise and polished but Jackson could have more upside with his size.

Reaction score
Man I'm tired of people getting caught up in 40's and all that crap, the bottomline is can the guy play football!!!!!! JERRY RICE didn't run the 40 fast, Chris Carter didn't run the 40 fast so what it up with all this combine numbers mess??????

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Jackson is probably the 2nd best WR in this draft, should go in the early 2nd round. He's a good player and I think his game will translate well into the NFL. I think Holmes is a little more precise and polished but Jackson could have more upside with his size.

You really have to watch even player's sizes. Look at Avant. Went to the Sr. Bowl as a big 6'2" possession receiver and barely cleared 6'.

Hailmary

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
You really have to watch even player's sizes. Look at Avant. Went to the Sr. Bowl as a big 6'2" possession receiver and barely cleared 6'.

This is what I've been saying about AJ Hawke. He better show up to the combines at the listed height. A couple of inches shorter and I can see him dropping some.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Man I'm tired of people getting caught up in 40's and all that crap, the bottomline is can the guy play football!!!!!! JERRY RICE didn't run the 40 fast, Chris Carter didn't run the 40 fast so what it up with all this combine numbers mess??????
Even though Rice was tagged with a 4.6 as a rookie, he had run under 4.4 according to Brandt. Everyone knew he had a lot of speed. Chris Carter had elite size and good speed.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
I've heard him listed as everywhere between a 4.3 and 4.5, and having watched him play...he is certainly not a 4.5. My guess would be somewhere in the LOW 4.4's....pretty fast for a wide receiver when you consider most are in the 4.5 range. Combine that with 6-02 size and he's something to contend with. My only knock on him is that he does look a bit raw at times, but he IS a college player and will surely refine with some pro-level coaching. Routes look sharp, but has dropped a few easy catches. Maybe needs a little concentration work. I would be VERY happy with him as a 2nd round pick. He will be a very good NFL receiver.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
cowboys19 said:
Boldin was/ is alot more athletic in my opinion
Boldin was actually a little less athletic but had a great head for the game having played QB. He knows routes and understands angles to the ball.

Chad is no where near as polished in routes but has great athleticism with a 6'2" 205 pound build running high 4.4's or low 4'5s.

He'd be an excellent choice in round 2.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Boldin does alot of things exceptionally.
You must not watch him much.
He's one of the 10 best WRs in the NFL.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Boldin was actually a little less athletic but had a great head for the game having played QB. He knows routes and understands angles to the ball.

Chad is no where near as polished in routes but has great athleticism with a 6'2" 205 pound build running high 4.4's or low 4'5s.

He'd be an excellent choice in round 2.

Again, I'll wait until he's measured at 6'2".

I think the most obvious comparision to Boldin is Michael Robinson. Robinson is going to take much longer to develop but the QB background and sizes are similar.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Again, I'll wait until he's measured at 6'2".

I think the most obvious comparision to Boldin is Michael Robinson. Robinson is going to take much longer to develop but the QB background and sizes are similar.

HE is 6'2! No doubt.

he would be a steal in the 2nd round

cc cowboy

Reaction score
The best WR in this draft is the QB for Penn State. He will be great in the NFL ... as a WR.

Reaction score
You are speaking about Michael Robinson from Richmond, VA, the guy was a hellava player in high school, great athlete!!! I believe he'll be better served as a WR or 3rd down back in the NFL, in the lines of Slash.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Willie Jackson and Darrell Jackson are about the only receivers that panned out from Florida. Maybe the last name Jackson is the trick?

With Spurrier gone though, the Florida receivers don't have the overinflated numbers of the fun-n-gun anymore.

Ernie Mills played at Florida. So did Chris Collinsworth who didn't turn out to bad. Finally, a guy named Wes Chandler played WR for Florida. He was as good a WR as I've ever seen back in the day. In short, the Jackson boys couldn't hold his jock.