Chad Jackson's Stock Rising Today!!

Parrothead

Reaction score
Ran VERY FAST at the combine today. Officially ran a 4.32. He did struggle with weaving on the gauntlet drill but caught all of the passes. Stock is rising today to late 1st, early 2nd.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Combine hype... here it comes.

He does have one of the better builds of the WRs. Very similar to T.O.
But his hands don't look as good as I thought.

I'm still liking my boy, Avant.

Parrothead

Reaction score
I didn't see Avant's 40 time. What did he run today? Also didn't like what I heard about him at the Senior Bowl, that he was very inconsistent in catching the ball. I want a speed receiver who can stretch the field.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Parrothead said:
Ran VERY FAST at the combine today. Officially ran a 4.32. He did struggle with weaving on the gauntlet drill but caught all of the passes. Stock is rising today to late 1st, early 2nd.
I agree he looked very good, definitely raised his stock in the draft. You try not to put too much into the combine but the kid looked really good.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Parrothead said:
I didn't see Avant's 40 time. What did he run today? Also didn't like what I heard about him at the Senior Bowl, that he was very inconsistent in catching the ball. I want a speed receiver who can stretch the field.
40 time, schmorty time...

I don't know it either but I'm sure it was average. He's not an exceptionally fast receiver. But he's good at everything and I think he's a solid option with high character. His hands are phenomenal. He jsut had a bad day or two at the Senior Bowl.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jackson is lining up to becoming the best in the draft at the wr position. His 40 time is off the chart, and his Senior challenge, he was a man amongst boys.

Caught everything in sight, and won all the catch & speed drills.

scottsp

Reaction score
Straight line speed is always nice. It is a measureable that can obviously help a prospect's stock, but the ability to get offf the line and run crisp routes would seem just as important to me. Maybe moreso.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
40 time, schmorty time...

I don't know it either but I'm sure it was average. He's not an exceptionally fast receiver. But he's good at everything and I think he's a solid option with high character. His hands are phenomenal. He jsut had a bad day or two at the Senior Bowl.

Or a bad season or three at Michigan. TERRIBLE hands.

ghst187

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Or a bad season or three at Michigan. TERRIBLE hands.

Yeah, I was never sold on Avant either. overrated his entire career there...

I think Chad Jackson has the most potential out of the WRs in this draft. I think S Holmes is the most polished guy right now but Jackson has a lot more potential to possibly become a #1 WR, something Holmes will never be. Jackson is at least going to be a very deadly #2 WR. I think both guys will be gone in the first easily.

Reaction score
Chad Jackson has the body of a young T.O. let's just hope not the mouth LOL. He's clearly the most gifted WR in the entire draft in my opinion, he's a big guy that runs all the routes.

BigWillie

Reaction score
scottsp said:
Straight line speed is always nice. It is a measureable that can obviously help a prospect's stock, but the ability to get offf the line and run crisp routes would seem just as important to me. Maybe moreso.

But the thing about this is that Jackson is every bit quick as he is fast. He put that on display during the CFB All Star Event. During an almost obstacle course like run, going under trampolines and over pylons, he beat out Sinorice Moss in that event as well.

I don't doubt Chad's game quickness at all.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Hey now i saw Avant drop 1 or 2 i think. And for Jackson i didnt see any drops of what i saw ;).

EDIT: I take that back as that wasnt Avant.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Yeah, I was never sold on Avant either. overrated his entire career there...

I think Chad Jackson has the most potential out of the WRs in this draft. I think S Holmes is the most polished guy right now but Jackson has a lot more potential to possibly become a #1 WR, something Holmes will never be. Jackson is at least going to be a very deadly #2 WR. I think both guys will be gone in the first easily.
Saying Santonio will never be a #1 if flat out speculation. That thinking is about 3 years old now. Why because he's 5'11". I bet alot of people said the same things about Steve Smith and Santana Moss as well.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Guy that looks to me to be a #1 and very solid is Chad Jackson. If he was there (which i doubt) our 2nd round pick, i would love to have him. It would be a dream come true ;).

neosapien23

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Guy that looks to me to be a #1 and very solid is Chad Jackson. If he was there (which i doubt) our 2nd round pick, i would love to have him. It would be a dream come true ;).

We would be lucky if he was there at 18, he might have just become the top rated reciever in this years draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Saying Santonio will never be a #1 if flat out speculation. That thinking is about 3 years old now. Why because he's 5'11". I bet alot of people said the same things about Steve Smith and Santana Moss as well.

I still say that about Santana Moss because it's true. As for Steve Smith, well, Holmes is no Smith IMO. I like Jackson better then Holmes right now.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Dallas hasn't drafted an offinsive player since '97 and the longer we keep passing up playmaking weapons at the skill positions the longer this team will continue to rely on stop gap talent, and cast offs.

I don't know who the QB will be in 2-3 years but the cupboard will be rather bare with out a #1 WR developing.

kartr

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I still say that about Santana Moss because it's true. As for Steve Smith, well, Holmes is no Smith IMO. I like Jackson better then Holmes right now.

I don't think Moss is a true number one,but he's pretty close with guys like Quincy and Brunell who can throw deep. I too, like Jackson better than Holmes. I have a feeling he could be a very big time receiver in the NFL with a qb whose arm is stronger than Chris Leak's.