Chad Johnson

JonCJG

Reaction score
if this is true I am speechless.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CHAD TOOK SWING AT MARVIN

A league source tells us that multiple members of the Cincinnati Bengals witnessed a troubling incident as the team prepared to take the field for the second half of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Per the source, the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Inside, receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson were engaged in an altercation. At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock.

Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson (per the source) took a swing at him.

Eventually, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh broke up the skirmish, within a minute or so of the team exiting the locker room for the second half.

On Monday, several members of the team pointed to the Johnson-Jackson-Lewis incident as the catalyst for the loss of a 17-14 halftime lead and, ultimately, a 31-17 defeat.

Word is that Johnson was unhappy with the lack of balls thrown to him in the first half. A total of three passes came his way, with two completions.

In the second half, another three passes were thrown to Johnson, with only two more completions. For the game, Johnson had four catches for 59 yards.

The incident could have an even more lasting impact on the team than quarterback Carson Palmer's torn ACL and MCL. Some players, we're told, don't want to see Johnson back next year, and there's a belief that the team will be less inclined to give in to Johnson's request for a hefty restructuring of a contract that expires after the 2009 season.

So the Chad Johnson saga very well could evolve into the 2006 version of the Terrell Owens fiasco.

If so, it's very bad news for a franchise that otherwise looked to have a very bright future.

POSTED 7:59 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 8:36 p.m. EST, January 9, 2006

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
123456 said:
if this is true I am speechless.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CHAD TOOK SWING AT MARVIN

A league source tells us that multiple members of the Cincinnati Bengals witnessed a troubling incident as the team prepared to take the field for the second half of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Per the source, the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Inside, receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson were engaged in an altercation. At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock.

Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson (per the source) took a swing at him.

Eventually, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh broke up the skirmish, within a minute or so of the team exiting the locker room for the second half.

On Monday, several members of the team pointed to the Johnson-Jackson-Lewis incident as the catalyst for the loss of a 17-14 halftime lead and, ultimately, a 31-17 defeat.

Word is that Johnson was unhappy with the lack of balls thrown to him in the first half. A total of three passes came his way, with two completions.

In the second half, another three passes were thrown to Johnson, with only two more completions. For the game, Johnson had four catches for 59 yards.

The incident could have an even more lasting impact on the team than quarterback Carson Palmer's torn ACL and MCL. Some players, we're told, don't want to see Johnson back next year, and there's a belief that the team will be less inclined to give in to Johnson's request for a hefty restructuring of a contract that expires after the 2009 season.

So the Chad Johnson saga very well could evolve into the 2006 version of the Terrell Owens fiasco.

If so, it's very bad news for a franchise that otherwise looked to have a very bright future.

POSTED 7:59 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 8:36 p.m. EST, January 9, 2006

If this is true then that bites. When I saw on TV before the playoff game how CJ went out and stayed with some of the tailgators shook hands and talked to them and signed auties I changed how I thought he was just a cancer. I thought I was wrong about him bein a cancer.

If this is true I guess I was right.

Sure hope Carson Palmer comes back 100%.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Wow and some of us were just commenting yesterday during the game what a great guy he seemed to be. If thats true then we were way off

Hailmary

Reaction score
So who's it gonna be? Chad Johnson or Terrible Owens in Big D....?

Discuss...

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
So who's it gonna be? Chad Johnson or Terrible Owens in Big D....?

Discuss...

Bring em' both in. :laugh2:

I keed, I keed.

rojan

Reaction score
the one in the endzone that bounced off his cest....probably

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope this isn't true. Sad if it is.

clayman

Reaction score
Look at the source first.....complete BS or at least insane imbellishment.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd love to see something more substantial than pft on this.

Not out of the realm of possiblity but certainly bad enough behavior that I'd want a more credible source before calling the guy a Marcus Vick.

neosapien23

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Dr Phil needs to help this guy out......paging Dr Phil?

Some of these players need the Supernanny. Bunch of full grown men acting like children, some of these players would not last in the armed forces.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is really taking on the feeling an era which will be talked about in the future, the era of the arrogant, selfish, center-of-attention, wide reciever, with Keyshwan (though he's mellowed), Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and now Chad Johnson, Joe Horn to some extent. They are feeding off each other.

am I forgetting anyone?