1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Chad Kelly released

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by lk8701, Oct 24, 2018.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

16,950 Messages
    13,929 Likes Received
    So Butt hurt? lol

2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,885 Messages
    17,660 Likes Received
    The Denver Broncos have been waiting for a potential opportunity to toss Chad Kelly into the starting lineup, but it might be a very good thing that Case Keenumplayed well and helped annihilate the Cardinals 45-10 last Thursday, because Kelly wouldn't be a very good guy to start this week, after he was arrested on Monday evening and charged with first-degree criminal trespassing.

It's a very bizarre situation, perhaps involving Von Miller's Halloween party, if you're willing to connect the dots. And the circumstances are just weird: according to police documents, Kelly, apparently dressed as a cowboy, stumbled into someone's house, sat down on their couch, "mumbled incoherently" and then got hit with a vacuum tube a bunch.

Yikes. Kelly didn't look THAT wonked out in his mugshot, although perhaps he's smiling because he's not entirely aware of the full circumstances of what happened?

The Broncos confirmed the arrest in a boiler-plate statement on Tuesday.

"We are disappointed that Chad Kelly was arrested early this morning," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our organization has been in contact with Chad, and we are in the process of gathering more information."

According to Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic, the Broncos had a Halloween party on Monday night, hosted by Miller, at the Gothic Theater. Kelly was found sitting outside the Theater by his SUV when police arrived, responding to the call about him entering the residence.

Cornerback Chris Harris confirmed as much after apparently being concerned by a TMZ headline that said the Broncos were at a "cocaine-themed party." (Like, what would that even be?)

Kelly was the final pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, becoming Mr. Irrelevant in large part because of off-field concerns. He was arrested in 2014 after transferring from community college to Ole Miss, before later reaching a plea deal in the matter.

The nephew of Hall of Fame Billsquarterback Jim Kelly, there is undoubtedly a ton of talent in the young man. And he was probably just a few weeks away from a chance at starting for the Broncos. Keenum was paid handsomely this offseason, but Denver continued to struggle and there was a very good chance Kelly saw the field.

Now he faces a serious charge and could ultimately end up being released by Denver.

3. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Its serious but maybe he can get some help for his drinking problem. I'm not saying we should get him just that it's something that could be possibly worked on

4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,805 Messages
    25,852 Likes Received

Going back to work folks.

5. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    1,776 Likes Received
    i Really liked chad kelly at ole miss definitely a good passer

6. glimmerman

16,885 Messages
    17,660 Likes Received
    Cocaine.

7. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,345 Messages
    2,891 Likes Received
    Lol....

8. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,260 Messages
    8,424 Likes Received
    You think?
    Cocaine does some stuff to you, but typically you speak much more and loudly, rather than what was described as incoherent babbling.

Not saying youre wrong, just not what I've observed.

9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,004 Messages
    9,014 Likes Received
    Go so drunk at a team party that he walked into the wrong apartment and plopped himself down on the sofa.

That's a problem

10. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,508 Messages
    4,783 Likes Received
    morat1959 likes this.
  11. glimmerman

16,885 Messages
    17,660 Likes Received
    Lol. Probly not coke. Wonder if they did breath test or blood.

12. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

16,950 Messages
    13,929 Likes Received
    Exactly. He had to wasted (high) on something.

QuincyCarterEra likes this.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,581 Messages
    22,838 Likes Received
    People get frustrated. I watched it with Don Meredith and Danny White. Both very good QB but as a team were not getting to the championship and as QB you take the blame. I have heard coaches my entire life say QB get too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses. Personally I don't think Dak played poorly in this past game and felt he gave his team a chance in the end to come back. I will not claim he played perfect because he didn't but I liked how he was able to move the team for the TD drive and got us into range for the tie.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

10,198 Messages
    12,529 Likes Received
    Bath salts

15. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,260 Messages
    8,424 Likes Received
    Ahhh gotcha. My mistake

16. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

1,627 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    I can't say no emphatically enough to this. My dad and brothers are all ravenous Clemson fans, so I've heard news for a long time as they tracked him. He is clinically insane, and not even good enough to make the field. There are good reasons he has been bounced out of every team he has ever been on.

17. blumayne38

2,818 Messages
    1,776 Likes Received
    Nah he is having his doubts just like we are. He just has to double down on his hand because it’s his hand and he’s already all in. But this is football if we are still in the thick of things and this offense is still not rolling....I don’t think it’s a stretch of the imagination to think he could make a QB change for a spark....

18. blumayne38

2,818 Messages
    1,776 Likes Received
    Who isn’t nowadays

19. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,232 Messages
    7,791 Likes Received
    When I read this I was really just like "what is even the point of this?"

This isn't going to happen.

DallasEast likes this.