Chaisson or Henderson

aria

Reaction score
I think there’s a good chance at least one of these guys falls to us. Even if they are both there, or only one, which one would you rather have and why?

Personally I’m a lot more concerned with our secondary than LB’er/edge so for me it’s a no brainer and I would love to get Henderson. His biggest flaw is tackling but I think that is easily coachable.

John813

Reaction score
It's tough. Gregory should be reinstated, and we have the favorite in Crawford probably returning to man the "base" 4-3 RDE.
Also have questionmarks in Jelks, Armstrong and Jackson at DE.
Then the wildcard in Aldon Smith.

So, RDE could be set for this year or not. Long term it's a toss up as Crawford, 420 and Smith are on expiring deals.

Corner wise, the Cowboys are in the same predicament with Awuzie and Lewis only having one year left on their deals.

Both positions could have YUGE overhauls by the 2021 season.

I think I like Henderson more, but on the flipside I think day 2 has better corner options than RDE options.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think there’s a good chance at least one of these guys falls to us. Even if they are both there, or only one, which one would you rather have and why?

Personally I’m a lot more concerned with our secondary than LB’er/edge so for me it’s a no brainer and I would love to get Henderson. His biggest flaw is tackling but I think that is easily coachable.

it's not a coaching issue,he just doesn't like tackling guys .

aria

Reaction score
it's not a coaching issue,he just doesn't like tackling guys .
Still think that can change and that CB is more important than what Chaisson can offer us due to our depth at that position.

aria

Reaction score
Some of the analysts have them picking Henderson, others Chaisson. I am going to laugh if Ruiz is chosen, if he is still available.
I think Ruiz will be there and won’t go until late 1st or early 2nd. Other positions are currently more important but without the O line we’ve had, zeke would be nothing, Dak would be nothing therefore Amari would be nothing...I think we’ll still have a top 5 O line this year but the O line is what makes this team.

snapper

Reaction score
Still think that can change and that CB is more important than what Chaisson can offer us due to our depth at that position.

Dallas needs to upgrade their secondary, no question about it.

Chaisson might develop into a elite pass rusher, but his lack of production is concerning. I'd rather take Gross-Matos at 17 if there is no opportunity to trade down. Ruiz is a no-go, they have quality on the o-line and there are options in later rounds.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldnt be complaining about either. Henderson is probably the better contributor year one. I think more often than not CBs transition to the nfl smoother than pass rushers.

That said though elite level pass rushers, which I think is Chaissons ceiling carry a lot more value so I would go with him. You still should have some solid CBs in rounds 2 and 3 to choose from.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They are saying that Ruiz will be there until late in the first round. If the other 2 are gone, should they take a center to replace Fredbeard?
No, they should trade down if Henderson and Chaisson aren't there at 17. Ruiz can be got as you said, late in the first round. They'll just have to do their due diligence to put their feelers out there to see what other teams are thinking at the time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If both are available. I would take Henderson.

If only Chaisson is available. I would be very happy with him also and a corner in Rd 2. Even a trade up in Rd 2 to make sure they get a starting caliber corner.

If neither is available. I would be ok with Xavier McKinney too. I would imagine they have a “first round grade” on him and our safety situation is no better than the corner situation both starters are FA’s
Next year and I think McKinney would be an upgrade over either one too. Plus a lot of packages you can use 3 safeties on the field.

Carson

Reaction score
I prefer Henderson. I know he’s had issues tackling, but still can cover.

I don’t hate Chaisson. Just a few red flags I’ve seen of him. I haven’t watched all of his tape, but it’s either really really good. Or he just disappears.

Ruiz is a good fallback but only in a trade down. I’ve seen comparisons to Pouncey. But 17 is rich for me for a center who is good but not elite.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BTW... Just for the record...

I’m not a fan of Trevon Diggs in the 1st round..

I do not see a 1st round player.

He is not that fluid of a corner and can get turned pretty easy.. I don’t see a lot of upside or anything either.

Carson

Reaction score
BTW... Just for the record...

I’m not a fan of Trevon Diggs in the 1st round..

I do not see a 1st round player.

He is not that fluid of a corner and can get turned pretty easy.. I don’t see a lot of upside or anything either.

THIS. BIG THIS.

I don’t touch Diggs in round one. Period

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
Would have been nice to know before the draft if Gregory and or Irving were going to be re-instated or not. But even though we don't know, I still think our D-line is deeper than the secondary so I would probably go with Henderson or AJ Terrell, just not sure about them at 17. Trade back if possible and still grab one later on..