Chances for Home Playoff Game?

ETex

Reaction score
Does anyone know the chances for a playoff game to be played @ Texas Stadium this year?

Thanks!

ETex:star::star::star:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If we're the 5 and the 6 makes it to the Championship game (ie Atlanta, Tampa, Philly)

grp05

Reaction score
If we're the #5 seed and we play the #6 seed in the NFC Championship, that would be at Texas Stadium. Don't hold your breath.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ETex;2500172 said:
Does anyone know the chances for a playoff game to be played @ Texas Stadium this year?

Thanks!

Slim to none. The only way it would happen is if the other wild card team makes it to the Championship game and that only happens if Dallas goes in as the 5th seed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ETex;2500172 said:

Thanks!

There's that echo again.

Slim and none. The lights will be off forever after Saturday barring a miracle.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What these guys said. The only way it happens is if we finish #5 and then both us and the 6th seed make it to the NFC Championship game then it would be at Texas Stadium.

I highly doubt there is much of a shot of that actually happening.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2500180 said:
There's that echo again.

or a concert. :D

ETex

Reaction score
Thanks, Jerry invoiced me for full upfront payment for "potential" post season tickets and I balked @ him. No reason to let him earn interest on my money for nothin'.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2500181 said:
What these guys said. The only way it happens is if we finish #5 and then both us and the 6th seed make it to the NFC Championship game then it would be at Texas Stadium.

I highly doubt there is much of a shot of that actually happening.

I'm not sure off the top of my head if 2 wildcard teams have ever faced off in the NFC or AFC Championship game. I don't think that has ever happened.

willia451

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2500189 said:
I'm not sure off the top of my head if 2 wildcard teams have ever faced off in the NFC or AFC Championship game. I don't think that has ever happened.
I don't think its ever happened either.

Go Cowboys!!!

ETex

Reaction score
Hostile;2500180 said:
There's that echo again.

Sorry if It was a repost. I hadn't run across an answer.

(course I didn't do a search either) ;)

robjgrif

Reaction score
ETex;2500172 said:

Thanks!

Slim to none if Dallas does not win the next two games first....

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Wasn't there some sort of small uprising last offseason about if a Wild Card team has a better record than a divisional winner that the Wild card team gets to host that game? I was thinking that the thought was that the Gints should have hosted TB last year or something.

Did that just go away?

willia451

Reaction score
peplaw06;2500204 said:
Wasn't there some sort of small uprising last offseason about if a Wild Card team has a better record than a divisional winner that the Wild card team gets to host that game? I was thinking that the thought was that the Gints should have hosted TB last year or something.

Did that just go away?
There was, but it was thrown out in the off-season at the owners meeting. Too many key owners were against the idea.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Yeah, the only way it happens is if we're the #5 seed and we play the #6 seed in the championship. :p That would be sweet, though, wouldn't it? One final playoff win to send off ole Texas Stadium into the sunset.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Asklesko;2500212 said:
Yeah, the only way it happens is if we're the #5 seed and we play the #6 seed in the championship. :p That would be sweet, though, wouldn't it? One final playoff win to send off ole Texas Stadium into the sunset.

Yeah the Sunset of Tampa Bay