Change on the horizon, nation and local media ripping the coaches

blueblood70

Reaction score
so does this pressure Jerry and SJ? its one thing for an occasion ex player or media person ripping the horrible offense and coaching decsions calling it vanilla, uncreative, and lacking scheme, but it seems like its EVERY SPORTS SHOW NATIONALLY AND LOCAL HAVE BEEN VERY VOCAL ON HOW THIS IS MORE TO DO WITH COAHCING AND SCHEME THEN PLAYERS..heck when the reporters from the star and DC.com sure now joining in when they were supposed to be sheep.. I blieve the dam is cracking.. if we are 2-4 to start this season, will jerry feel the embarrassment and pressure to finally make the move, ala Wade..it might be time I say it has to happen by game 6 no reason to keep the same ole same ole..we could use a spark .. my bet is mid season firing on the horizon..

phildadon86

Reaction score
so does this pressure Jerry and SJ? its one thing for an occasion ex player or media person ripping the horrible offense and coaching decsions calling it vanilla, uncreative, and lacking scheme, but it seems like its EVERY SPORTS SHOW NATIONALLY AND LOCAL HAVE BEEN VERY VOCAL ON HOW THIS IS MORE TO DO WITH COAHCING AND SCHEME THEN PLAYERS..heck when the reporters from the star and DC.com sure now joining in when they were supposed to be sheep.. I blieve the dam is cracking.. if we are 2-4 to start this season, will jerry feel the embarrassment and pressure to finally make the move, ala Wade..it might be time I say it has to happen by game 6 no reason to keep the same ole same ole..we could use a spark.. my bet is mid season firing on the horizon..
I agree. By the bye if this keeps up. You are going to see an interim HC here.

GenoT

Reaction score
No pressure on Jerry whatsoever, unless and until the revenue streams begin to slow down — which won’t happen.

If anyone believes that local or national media criticism might somehow compel Jerry Jones to change coaches, then keep on rubbing your lamp, because you got two wishes left.

LittleD

Reaction score
Linehan and his boy QB coach can't seem to find anything that Dak can do well at this point.
Dak is completely frustrated because he can't hit a semi truck with a pass and he's been told not to run.
The Cowboys coaching braintrust is totally befuddled. Giants players already know what plays the Linehan
trust is going to run on Sunday. They are licking their chops at the beatdown they will bestow on these
pampered Cow girls.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I thought it was telling with Garrett in the post game interview when pressed about going for it on 4th down and 10 instead of punting he said something to the effect of "we want to control our own destiny there"

He knows his jobs on the line and he isnt trying to go with safe football hes pressing for wins and results

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
so does this pressure Jerry and SJ? its one thing for an occasion ex player or media person ripping the horrible offense and coaching decsions calling it vanilla, uncreative, and lacking scheme, but it seems like its EVERY SPORTS SHOW NATIONALLY AND LOCAL HAVE BEEN VERY VOCAL ON HOW THIS IS MORE TO DO WITH COAHCING AND SCHEME THEN PLAYERS..heck when the reporters from the star and DC.com sure now joining in when they were supposed to be sheep.. I blieve the dam is cracking.. if we are 2-4 to start this season, will jerry feel the embarrassment and pressure to finally make the move, ala Wade..it might be time I say it has to happen by game 6 no reason to keep the same ole same ole..we could use a spark .. my bet is mid season firing on the horizon..

The players will dictate what happens with the coaching staff. If they stay committed to Garrett then he lasts the entire season if not longer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends what happens the next couple of weeks. They just better not get blown out by the Giants or it's going to be ugly.
Agree, they beat the Giants, CAR was an aberration, they were in a hurry to get out before Florence hit.

He was obviously not in a good mood leaving that game but CAR was a playoff team with a very good D in a tough place on opening day and the last thing they needed was Newton firing the crowd up.

This next game is much more of a test to see if they even have an adequate offense because the Giants do not have a great D but their O will push the Boys to score at least in the mid to upper 20's, if not higher. JAX has the best pass D in the league and they were struggling with Beckham and if not for Shepherd drops, they might have won that game.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
In 2 weeks y’all will be singing a different tune.

Yea we’ll be talking about the draft because this team isn’t winning anything of importance with this staff and the lack of talent on offense and if you know you’ve no shot at the SB week 1 what’s the point?

I’ve haven’t been this down of he team since the Campo years.

kskboys

Reaction score
2-4? Who we gonna beat? Do we play Buffalo twice or something?????

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I don't see Garrett being fired mid-season unless the players obviously quit on him ala Wade. Linehan on the other hand should be fired before the next game. We can't keep running this exact same offense out on to the field year after year game after game. The opposing team knows what we are going to run, most of us know what we are going to run, before the snap. This isn't the 90's. You can't just buy a team of players better than the opposing team and just run over them regardless. Look at the Rams for an example. They had Jeff Fisher and his team of people running the show and looked to be one of the worst teams in football. They bring in a new coach who can actually coach and scheme and call plays and they turn into one of the best looking teams in football. The players didn't magically just become all-world over night. You play to their strengths, you disguise what you are doing, you trick the defense. Our staff does none of this and hopefully Jerry is starting to catch on to this.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Jerry was smart enough to insulate his "worth" by borrowing money from the NFL to build his colossal coliseum stadium and then to follow that up with the STAR facility. Now, all of his "worth" is tied into these physical structures. SO unless the value on those drops significantly, he will never ever have to worry about the sheet product he puts out on the field again. This team can turn into the Cleveland Browns and win 1 game in 2 seasons and it would not diminish his "worth" one cent. He saw the writing on the wall that he is a lousy GM, and an even worse NFL guy, so he had to do the next best thing, Divert all of his money (and others who loaned it to him) into building these billion dollar monstrosities. Now he gets to walk around bragging about how much "his franchise" is worth because of the buildings. If his franchise worth was based on the product he puts on the field, he would be a pauper.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The players will dictate what happens with the coaching staff. If they stay committed to Garrett then he lasts the entire season if not longer.
im starting to feel this happening already Jasons "guys" are gone now and that locker room seems to be grumbling now and dont think for moment that Zeke, Dak and that defense is starting to whisper over lunch and dinners in private about a Coup..its happening believe me , the people who now support him are not on the field, its JJ and SJ and SL..that will change quickly

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree, they beat the Giants, CAR was an aberration, they were in a hurry to get out before Florence hit.

He was obviously not in a good mood leaving that game but CAR was a playoff team with a very good D in a tough place on opening day and the last thing they needed was Newton firing the crowd up.

This next game is much more of a test to see if they even have an adequate offense because the Giants do not have a great D but their O will push the Boys to score at least in the mid to upper 20's, if not higher. JAX has the best pass D in the league and they were struggling with Beckham and if not for Shepherd drops, they might have won that game.
Giants have a decent D. Yes, I'm fully aware they were 31st last season, but they have some talent there, and a new coaching staff and some talent coming in. Don't know how long the switch to the 3-4 will take, or how long this OL will take to gel, but they're not talentless by any means.

And their O will work a lot better against our D than best in the NFL's JAX D.

kskboys

Reaction score
Linehan and his boy QB coach can't seem to find anything that Dak can do well at this point.
Dak is completely frustrated because he can't hit a semi truck with a pass and he's been told not to run.
The Cowboys coaching braintrust is totally befuddled. Giants players already know what plays the Linehan
trust is going to run on Sunday. They are licking their chops at the beatdown they will bestow on these
pampered Cow girls.
Unfortunately, I can't disagree completely.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

If Stephen is willing to call Troy Aikman an "armchair" coach/QB does anyone think he cares about the rest of the media?