Changes? Does our coaches need to be at Senior Bowl? to coach if offered?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Mickey Spagnola and Jones media show talking cowboys brought up the subject of maybe our cowboy coaches at Senior Bowl to coach top senior players, Jerry Jones has stated we dont need to do that, but when pro teams in the past, coaches have coached players there, they got good look at players attitude, attention span, moves, etc, so dont we need to get Mr Jones to realize that if the Senior bowl offers us to coach the game, shouldnt he?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
The Mickey Spagnola and Jones media show talking cowboys brought up the subject of maybe our cowboy coaches at Senior Bowl to coach top senior players, Jerry Jones has stated we dont need to do that, but when pro teams in the past, coaches have coached players there, they got good look at players attitude, attention span, moves, etc, so dont we need to get Mr Jones to realize that if the Senior bowl offers us to coach the game, shouldnt he?

It is a bit tough to do that when your head coach isn't even sure if he wants to be back, now isn't it?

sago1

Reaction score
On other hand it might be just what Parcells needs. A rather meaningless week spent evaluating some young kids who probably all excited about getting chance to play in this game and look forward to pros and a coach with recognition of a Parcells would really grab their attention. Might help Parcells prospective and take mind off brother's recent death.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, its not lame, every year, teams in past like Tampa Bay, chiefs, etc, have coached the senior bowl, one team from afc, and one team from NFC coaches, they have stated by being there, they can see if kids are coachable, how smart they are, what shape they are in, strengths etc, and if you look in past drafts, most of the top 1-2 round draft choices come out of the Senior Bowl, so that way to me, if Jerry Jones attitude changes, get our coaches in if asked to coach as NFC team, then we get a heads up in the up coming draft, to me, thats what we need one more excellent draft, and it just might recharge Parcells batteries, being around top young players, coaching them, etc, but you got to call it to Jerry Jones attention, change his attitude on it. Look at it this way, when Jimmy Johnson drafted players, he didnt go to the senior bowl, but what made him excellent at drafting players etc, along with his scouts, he had tried to recruit such players while he was at Miami, and he knew about those players . So to me, if your there at senior bowl, you find out more about those players, weaknesses, strengths, etc.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Isn't it always just the teams with the worst record that coach the senior bowl? Parcells wouldn't fall under that anyways

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
We'd be fools not to jump all over the opportunity if given the chance.

Its a valuable way to find out alot about the top players available in the draft, both on and off the field. Moreso than just watching a few practices from the sidelines.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, its teams that barely miss the playoffs, teams like 9-6 or 8-8 records, so we would fall into that area, but biggest hold up is Jerry Jones, he said, we dont need to do that, but to me, we need to change that attitude.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bach said:
We'd be fools not to jump all over the opportunity if given the chance.

Its a valuable way to find out alot about the top players available in the draft, both on and off the field. Moreso than just watching a few practices from the sidelines.
:hammer:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Isn't it always just the teams with the worst record that coach the senior bowl? Parcells wouldn't fall under that anyways

No, usually it's the team in each conference who had the best record of all teams not to make the playoffs.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
no, its teams that barely miss the playoffs, teams like 9-6 or 8-8 records, so we would fall into that area, but biggest hold up is Jerry Jones, he said, we dont need to do that, but to me, we need to change that attitude.

Jerry's an idiot. I see some things never change.