Chapter 11: Turbulence

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
From the book "Boys Will Be Boys"...

Read that chapter, and you'll know what the current cowboys team is missing.

Also, to those who have read this book and the book "Cowboys have always been my heroes" did you notice that most of that chapter is written EXACTLY as it was written in the "Cowboys have always been my heroes" book?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2526714 said:
You think Pearlman plagiarized Golenbock?

I don't know if he "Gave credit" or not, but I swear it's pretty much word for word.

I gave that book away (the Golenbock book) so I can't check it right now. Do you have both books?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2526718 said:
I don't know if he "Gave credit" or not, but I swear it's pretty much word for word.

I gave that book away (the Golenbock book) so I can't check it right now. Do you have both books?
No, I haven't picked up Pearlman's yet, but Golenbock's is right here on my desk.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2526723 said:
No, I haven't picked up Pearlman's yet, but Golenbock's is right here on my desk.

The Pearlman book is pretty good, but there's some "Quotes" in there that are obviously overblown and over-sensationalized.

Some stuff he quotes certain players saying that just doesn't seem (word for word) like something they'd say.

Chapter 11 is mostly about the plain trip home after the cowboys blew the game against the Skins in 1992 (in December). The part where he told the stewardess not to give the players an food (and more stuff). It seemed like I had read it before, word for word.

I'll have to ask my buddy if he's done with the other book, just so I can see how closely written they are.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2526729 said:
The Pearlman book is pretty good, but there's some "Quotes" in there that are obviously overblown and over-sensationalized.

Some stuff he quotes certain players saying that just doesn't seem (word for word) like something they'd say.

Chapter 11 is mostly about the plain trip home after the cowboys blew the game against the Skins in 1992 (in December). The part where he told the stewardess not to give the players an food (and more stuff). It seemed like I had read it before, word for word.

I'll have to ask my buddy if he's done with the other book, just so I can see how closely written they are.
Thanks. When I pick up the Pearlman book I will comment on this.