Charean Williams this AM ESPN2 First Take talking Jerry drafting for wild cat

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BAT;2712957 said:
Casey would also start at FB/H-Back. So playing wildcat QB would be IN ADDITION to starting at another offensive position.

A position, curiously enough, that needs upgrading. But I understand the hate, it displaces many peoples pet cats.

It has nothing to do with hate. Your assessment of blocking abilities is greaty delusional. He would not be an upgrade over Cricket in that area and while he may offer a better receiving skill set Dallas already has a package for that and it involves Witten or Bennett.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2713410 said:
It has nothing to do with hate. Your assessment of blocking abilities is greaty delusional. He would not be an upgrade over Cricket in that area and while he may offer a better receiving skill set Dallas already has a package for that and it involves Witten or Bennett.

I think you are confusing lead blocking with in-line blocking (not sure what you mean with "interior" blocking). Both Bennett and Witten are better in-line blockers, they struggle lead blocking, even all-world Witten is not comfortable doing it. Both Bennett and Witten are too tall, it is very difficult for them to get low enough to generate enough thump when they lead block.

As for watching Casey, name the game and I will go over each play with you. I don't know what you use to base Casey's lead blocking prowess (or lack off) bc he was never used that way. I already agreed that he is too light to be a successful in-line blocker, but that would not be his role playing out of the backfield.

As a former QB, LB, RB and WR, he has great vision, physicality, agility and play recognition. He is tough, hard working and a playmaker. This has NOTHING to do with the wildcat, I have been touting Casey way BEFORE Jerry's proclamation. I simply want another playmaker on the field, since Dallas has lost a big one. Casey is Romo-friendly (going to the more controlled shorter passing game) and Jerry-friendly (experience in wildcat, great team attitude that Jerry is looking for), but best of all he would not only upgrade the FB position (as a starter) but he is a playmaker.

Finally, the Cowboys have had success drafting a FB in the 2nd / 3rd lest you forget. And Moose was more of a runner than a lead blocker when he came out of college.