Chargers are waiving DT Sebastian Joseph-Day

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im no expert either but I believe there is an exemption for vets who played so many years.
"All players with less than four years of accrued service time have to clear waivers before the trade deadline (after said deadline all players must clear them) before they can become an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team of their choice."

so i'm not sure if this guy qualifies but i do know this if that's not a problem his deal might be ie big contract...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39168451/chargers-cut-dt-sebastian-joseph-day-14-starts-2023

I mean is he any good? IDK put some quick research this guy looks a little like an osa clone. i dont think we need another 3T.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll never pass waivers. This was one of.Staleys picks decent player but won't fall to us..

slick325

Reaction score
He's owed 7.5M next year.

UgU11yH.gif
LOL!

conner01

Reaction score
Likely next year money savings
I guess but most contract have guarantees set for beginning of the next season like Gallup has so you have till then to decide. Haven’t looked at this deal

jujoboys

Reaction score
If we claimed him he would count $1.1 million against the CAP this year. Next year he has a $7.5 million salary but it is not guaranteed. If you think he can help the team then put a waiver claim on him. $1.1 million is not a lot and we can always cut him prior to 2024. We can always boot Neville Gallimore to open a roster spot. 2023 stats for both players

Gallimore 13 tackles, 1 sack, 2 TFL
Joseph- Day 32 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 TFL

rambo2

Reaction score
If we claimed him he would count $1.1 million against the CAP this year. Next year he has a $7.5 million salary but it is not guaranteed. If you think he can help the team then put a waiver claim on him. $1.1 million is not a lot and we can always cut him prior to 2024. We can always boot Neville Gallimore to open a roster spot. 2023 stats for both players

Gallimore 13 tackles, 1 sack, 2 TFL
Joseph- Day 32 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 TFL
Joseph-Day probably played a lot more plays than Gallimore.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The Joseph-Day clock has started.... damn, I'd love to see some help there... but we're not cutting Mazi, and Hankins will be back sometime shortly... and hard to imagine 3 1-techs on the 53-man.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just seein that it was reported on 12/22 by the hometown news rag that the Cowboys "did not have a strong initial interest" when he was released.