Chargers HC Anthony Lynn comments on Jerry Jones, Lynn was hospitalized in 2005 *MERGE*

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
fun old people fact: Anthony Lynn was the guy who swayed my college choice.
My 1st and 2nd choice pulled out of recruiting me because I had rubella as a junior and I was pretty awful as a senior.
Lynn ate up the defense I had dreamed of joining so it pushed me over the top to choose Tech.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is a good guy. I met him the summer after Jimmy left. I was a middle school coach back then, he talked to me and my buddies for about 20 minutes and made us feel like NFL coaches. I told him, "I want to shake the hand of the man that fired Jimmy Johnson". He got a good laugh out of that!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

During Cowboys training camp on August 20, 2005, Lynn was a victim of a hit-and-run automobile accident.[25] Lynn and Todd Haley, both offensive assistants for Bill Parcells, were out for pizza after training camp in Ventura, California. As Lynn and Haley were crossing the street, Lynn was hit by drunk driver Sergio Sandoval. Lynn suffered two collapsed lungs, facial and shoulder damage, and temporary paralysis in his lower body. He had four surgeries on his face, knee and shoulder due to the incident. Lynn returned to coaching less than two weeks later. Lynn's story was featured in a Verizon advertisement during Super Bowl LIII in 2019, where he was introduced to the first responders who treated him.

John813

Reaction score
I completely forgot about that incident. Insane that he bounced back so quick after that.

ShortRound

Reaction score
During Cowboys training camp on August 20, 2005, Lynn was a victim of a hit-and-run automobile accident.[25] Lynn and Todd Haley, both offensive assistants for Bill Parcells, were out for pizza after training camp in Ventura, California. As Lynn and Haley were crossing the street, Lynn was hit by drunk driver Sergio Sandoval. Lynn suffered two collapsed lungs, facial and shoulder damage, and temporary paralysis in his lower body. He had four surgeries on his face, knee and shoulder due to the incident. Lynn returned to coaching less than two weeks later. Lynn's story was featured in a Verizon advertisement during Super Bowl LIII in 2019, where he was introduced to the first responders who treated him.

Yeah this was a powerful commercial.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super...meets-the-first-responders-who-saved-his-life