Charles Haley sounds off on Garrett and Gregory

RS12

Reaction score
Is the criticism of Jason Garrett this season fair, considering all the injuries and that he didn't have a quarterback?

Charles Haley: Yes. From all the coaches I ever played with, it doesn't matter who goes down, the next guy gotta step in, take his place and be just the same, effective. You cannot limit the quarterback on what he can do out on the field, especially when you have a quarterback that started for different teams for four or five years. And then the defense, it doesn't matter whether it's one point, three points or a 1,000 points. They cannot let a team come back and win.

How does Randy Gregory deal with the advice?

Charles Haley: I'm pretty hard on him. I expect a lot more from him. He has so many skills. I don't see it on the film. I don't know what he's doing, what he's thinking. I rip him a new butt every week. I know he loves me; I know he respects what I say. My expectation for him is big and I'm gonna make sure he lives up to it.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...age-if-he-just-keeps-his-big-mouth-closed.ece

black label

Reaction score
Nah. He's just saying what many don't want to hear or face. The real.

M4e.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is the criticism of Jason Garrett this season fair, considering all the injuries and that he didn't have a quarterback?

Charles Haley: Yes. From all the coaches I ever played with, it doesn't matter who goes down, the next guy gotta step in, take his place and be just the same, effective. You cannot limit the quarterback on what he can do out on the field, especially when you have a quarterback that started for different teams for four or five years. And then the defense, it doesn't matter whether it's one point, three points or a 1,000 points. They cannot let a team come back and win.

Charles Haley: I'm pretty hard on him. I expect a lot more from him. He has so many skills. I don't see it on the film. I don't know what he's doing, what he's thinking. I rip him a new butt every week. I know he loves me; I know he respects what I say. My expectation for him is big and I'm gonna make sure he lives up to it.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...age-if-he-just-keeps-his-big-mouth-closed.ece

Oh, Charles, go pee on a teammates car!
What yo say ist as irrelevant as 1st edition Tupperware!:angry:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I have been saying that about the Defense

Everyone keeps saying they are doing enough to win but we keep losing

It goes from game to game, drive to drive

We could've beaten NO, NY, SEA, PHI and/or TB if we got a stop late

They aren't mostly to blame, but they had to step up and didn't do enough

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Determining the extent to which Garrett deserves blame for this season is not unlike determining the extent to which William Shatner deserves blame for Star Trek V.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Charles Haley / 5 super rings >>>>> Jason Garrett head coaching

Craig

Reaction score
next man up doesnt apply to the qb position in todays game and if you think it does...well maybe you should stop expressing your thoughts.

The rest of what he said made sense though so im conflicted here.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
yes, it was to much to ask of Garrett to get 1 or 2 wins against some bad teams one was 0 wins til we handed them their first, and who could ask of a coach to win with anything less than all start talent all around. I mean if Garrett doesnt have a loaded team, tahn i think its wrong to ask him to win anything. No other caoch can do it, why should we expect the same of him.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Nah. He's just saying what many don't want to hear or face. The real.

It's in our faces everyday here.

I just don't get how someone can think this team can do the same thing with Weeden/Cassel/risen as it could do with Romo.

Not saying it's right but it's where this team stands and IMO Haley is speaking in general terms that sounds pretty ignorant to what we've all seen out of this team since Romo went down.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
ONE THING I'VE NOTICED ABOUT GREGORY...HE SEEMS LIKE HE IS THE LAST ONE OFF THE BALL. HE NEEDS TO BE ANTICIPATING GETTING OFF THE SNAP BETTER.......

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
yes, it was to much to ask of Garrett to get 1 or 2 wins against some bad teams one was 0 wins til we handed them their first, and who could ask of a coach to win with anything less than all start talent all around. I mean if Garrett doesnt have a loaded team, tahn i think its wrong to ask him to win anything. No other caoch can do it, why should we expect the same of him.

I would trade JG, Linehan and Marinelli right now for 2 extra wins and Romo coming back.