News: Charles Woodson rips Cowboys QB Tony Romo's heartfelt speech, calling it 'selfish'

silver

Reaction score

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In today's entry in the category of 'trying to stay relevant by attaching myself to a Dallas Cowboys manufactured controversy:' Skip Bayles.....er, Charles Woodson, everybody.

Honestly, I think Tony probably scripted a response because he didn't want to risk saying something on the spot that could be misconstrued as a distraction. At the same time, he wanted to fall on the sword and put the QB controversy thing to rest for the same purpose. Pretty clearly, that's how and why it was handled the way it was. Which makes sense. Though it did seem a bit manufactured and weird at the time. Tony, though, was obviously very heartfelt in what he actually said. It was just the press conference delivery that was odd.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I heard Woodson say was:

i_m_an_idiot_by_andrewdrewdrew-d6c0a0e.jpg

knightrider94

Reaction score
In today's entry in the category of 'trying to stay relevant by attaching myself to a Dallas Cowboys manufactured controversy:' Skip Bayles.....er, Charles Woodson, everybody.

Honestly, I think Tony probably scripted a response because he didn't want to risk saying something on the spot that could be misconstrued as a distraction. At the same time, he wanted to fall on the sword and put the QB controversy thing to rest for the same purpose. Pretty clearly, that's how and why it was handled the way it was. Which makes sense. Though it did seem a bit manufactured and weird at the time. Tony, though, was obviously very heartfelt in what he actually said. It was just the press conference delivery that was odd.
+1. Tony did a honorable and sincere thing. He cares more about this team than just about anybody.

He gave the press conference on a Tuesday, an off day, because he knew the media would be all over the team on Wednesday trying to drum up controversy one he was deemed healthy enough to play. A written statement alone would not have been enough for the media vultures. Damned do, damned don't. That's why I have little to no respect for sports journalists, particularly former players, these days.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I was halfway expecting a book promotion following his critique of Tony's selfishness.