Charlie Batch - Anyone?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Who is the third QB for Pitt?

And I wonder why so late to cut Batch? Did they sign someone and have to make a cut to get back to 53?

Why am I asking so many questions regarding Pitt?

Who cares whats going on up there?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nors said:
Not happening.

Lets snare next years Charlie Frye and Dan Orlovski to push Drew Henson at #3.

Nors, where did Dan Orlovski end up ? Did he make the cut somewhere ?

UConn won 59-0 yesterday, may go to a couple of their games this year.

Eddie

Reaction score
I want to see our young guns in action. I'm surprised we've given up on Hensen so soon.

But either way, Batch can't help us. We go as far as Bledsoe, the running game, and the D takes us.

Batch doesn't know the O. Romo does. Let's take that into consideration. If Batch started with us in day 1 of training camp, then perhaps I'd consider.

But we're going to war with what we have ...

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
Released by Steelers - UFA.

IMO he's a good option at backup QB and an upgrade over what we have in Romo or Henson.

I think he was released because he is a vested player.. I saw this on kffl on "Sorry" Charlie Batch

Steelers | Batch Cut - Temporarily
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:24:25 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released QB Charlie Batch, but only temporarily. He was one of several vested veterans league wide who were released Saturday, Sept. 10, for salary cap and payroll purposes. Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, a vested veteran, a player with four or more seasons accrued toward the NFL pension plan, is guaranteed his full base salary for the year if he is on an opening-day roster. To avoid the guarantee, teams often release fringe vested players before the start of the season, then re-sign them after the opener. He is expected to be re-signed next week.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I think he was released because he is a vested player.. I saw this on kffl on "Sorry" Charlie Batch

Steelers | Batch Cut - Temporarily
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:24:25 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released QB Charlie Batch, but only temporarily. He was one of several vested veterans league wide who were released Saturday, Sept. 10, for salary cap and payroll purposes. Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, a vested veteran, a player with four or more seasons accrued toward the NFL pension plan, is guaranteed his full base salary for the year if he is on an opening-day roster. To avoid the guarantee, teams often release fringe vested players before the start of the season, then re-sign them after the opener. He is expected to be re-signed next week.
Nice catch.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Charlie Batch is a knockaround journeyman who would be a stop gap for a couple of games at best. I think we have more talent in both Romo and Henson. Romo is ready to play should he need to and Henson will be ready to go by next year. Our QB situation is looking good for both the present and the future IMO. No need to bring in a washed up never was.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Charlie Batch is a knockaround journeyman who would be a stop gap for a couple of games at best. I think we have more talent in both Romo and Henson. Romo is ready to play should he need to and Henson will be ready to go by next year. Our QB situation is looking good for both the present and the future IMO. No need to bring in a washed up never was.
Totally agree.