Charlotte Jones on Dak: "If he keeps playing like this, he can have all the money he wants"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is Charlotte's way of saying she wants three titles for her name like her father and Stephen instead of just two like brother Jones Jr.

Owner/President/General Manager (father), Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President/Director of Player Personnel (Stephen), and Executive Vice President/Chief Sales & Marketing Office (Jones Jr.) are all taken. What would go well with Executive Vice President/Chief Brand Officer..?

"Chairperson"??? o_O Nah. That would be way too ambitious knowing her father. Jones would cut her out of the will before ever approving that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Lord, why do the Joneses love discussing critical financials to the media?
That's pretty harmless, no details and that's not her job anyway.

Any Jones that grants an interview is going to get asked about money, that's all this team has been about all off season and into the season. I had hoped this crap would get put to rest once it kicked off for real but they just can't stop talking about it. I wish Prescott's agent had done what a lot of them do and put this to rest once the season started, negotiations are on hold until after the season.

As far as the posters that wish they'd gotten something done in the off season, it's not like they didn't try but in order to get the most media mileage out of it, they had to let it back burn while they milked the Elliott holdout after milking the Lawrence negotiation. It is not about getting deals done with these people, it's about milking the media coverage and claiming their unfair share.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I said that in the off-season and people said no because Dak couldn’t increase his value and no team would give him even 30 million. I knew this would happen. It was the first time they took a honest approach at helping Dak....of course he was going to play better. But it’s still early. I guess he could eventually be brought back down to earth and maybe the value can go back to about 30.......
I still argue that he cannot increase his value enough to make up for not getting paid this year.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's true. I wear a bow tie sometimes and... wait - nobody notices!
I need better bow ties.

Cam Newton has a few used head scarfs to fix you right up!

cam-newton-outfits.png

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
She is right to an extent! Stephen and Jerruh are making it harder on themselves by not getting it done sooner than later.
What if it's not Jerry and Stephen? What if it's Dak and his agent playing the waiting game, knowing his value is increasing by the week?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I still argue that he cannot increase his value enough to make up for not getting paid this year.
its more of a strategy to get a 2 for one like in basketball but with money.. the FO is trying to do the EE deal extended out 7+yrs to help offset front end money, stager some of these deals and have way OUT should it fail after 3 years or so..

Dak wants less years so 4 so in 4 hes up again for bigger piece..in that sense its smarter and he will make more IF and I mean IF he plays at high level and even better like RW did..3 contracts over 7years and for while highest paid QB..hes betting on himself

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if it's not Jerry and Stephen? What if it's Dak and his agent playing the waiting game, knowing his value is increasing by the week?
According to reports, it is the length of the contract that the Joneses want, 6-7 years, and his team wants less than that to max his earning potential. With the alarming rate these QB salaries escalated, it's the smart move. If he signs a 4 year deal, when that's up, the new high could be 50M a year or higher.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meanwhile, behind closed doors, Gene Jones meets with her husband and daughter to teach them the difference between Good Cop/Bad Cop and Good Cop/Even Nicer Cop.

aikemirv

Reaction score
its more of a strategy to get a 2 for one like in basketball but with money.. the FO is trying to do the EE deal extended out 7+yrs to help offset front end money, stager some of these deals and have way OUT should it fail after 3 years or so..

Dak wants less years so 4 so in 4 hes up again for bigger piece..in that sense its smarter and he will make more IF and I mean IF he plays at high level and even better like RW did..3 contracts over 7years and for while highest paid QB..hes betting on himself
Yeah, that makes complete sense for him, esp with the new CBA coming up.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Charlotte's way of saying she wants three titles for her name like her father and Stephen instead of just two like brother Jones Jr.

Owner/President/General Manager (father), Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President/Director of Player Personnel (Stephen), and Executive Vice President/Chief Sales & Marketing Office (Jones Jr.) are all taken. What would go well with Executive Vice President/Chief Brand Officer..?

"Chairperson"??? o_O Nah. That would be way too ambitious knowing her father. Jones would cut her out of the will before ever approving that.
She's also President of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, so there's that.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dak and his agent are in no hurry to sign an extension anytime soon. Meanwhile, the price will only go up.

Tick-tock, tick-tock...