Chase Young!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
perhaps a bit of fantasy or dreaming of what could be. but would you trade a 1st and 2nd to get chase young. he is in the last year of his contract, Commanders didn't pick up 5th year option, so trade price drops a bit. you would have to pay him of course, otherwise why trade!. that would mean then you have to pay Parsons, Diggs, Lamb and Chase and they are not cheap. doable? perhaps. but that would make for a really scary front with Chase, Mazi, Jag DT, Lawrence, roaming Parsons. the makings of a truly dominant defense.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't been keeping up with him. Why didn't Washington pickup his 5th year? Injuries?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
perhaps a bit of fantasy or dreaming of what could be. but would you trade a 1st and 2nd to get chase young. he is in the last year of his contract, Commanders didn't pick up 5th year option, so trade price drops a bit. you would have to pay him of course, otherwise why trade!. that would mean then you have to pay Parsons, Diggs, Lamb and Chase and they are not cheap. doable? perhaps. but that would make for a really scary front with Chase, Mazi, Jag DT, Lawrence, roaming Parsons. the makings of a truly dominant defense.
Chase Young has been injury riddled, I wouldn't part with that kind of compensation for him.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
That sounds enticing.

Although the fantasy of thinking about such a trade is pretty cool, the truth is with the upcoming new contracts for stars already on the team we can't afford the pipe dream of a Chase young on anything other than a one year rental and maybe not even then. I wouldn't spend the draft capital. I don't think DL is a need on the team anyway.

Let's just coach up "our guys". You know we can have all the talent in the world and if they don't play as a unit we'll not step up to the next level.

817Gill

Reaction score
Injuries and was known to freelance way too much in Washington by chasing sacks.

Why would we trade for him then pay him? We have Parsons to pay and a bunch of guys on the edge who have been productive.

All this because of one good season of his lol? Madden idea not a real one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a bust.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's teetering on being a bust. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good, but no way would I give up a 1st and a 2nd for a guy that has 9 career sacks hasn't proven he can stay healthy.
wow, didn't look into his performance over the past few years. he was a top 5 pick and a big name and perhaps that's what I am remembering. perhaps I suggested over paying....the price is now a 3rd! :thumbup:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'd pass. Seems like he got fat and happy after his first season. Injuries are sometimes a result of lazy workout habits.
Besides, too many people have testified that the Washington organization is crap. He needs a more stable environment if he's going to reach his potential.
Baltimore? New England? Yes.
Dallas? No.

ghst187

Reaction score
Right now Sam Williams has more upside and three more years of rookie contract. Frankly, he might be a better overall player too.
Per Wash Radio, sounded like Young never had the drive or put in the work to expand his array of moves and relied purely on his athleticism which of course ceases to work in the pros.