Recap: Chat Wrap: Brad Sham chat on DMN - 06/25/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Safety is arguably the most important position in Kiffin's Cover 2 scheme, why would the Cowboys neglect to find a true playmaker back there? It seems to defy logic to just close your eyes and hope that some unproven rookie or Steeler's backup will quarterback the back end of that Defense. Your thoughts?
by Brandon 1:00 PM

Key word in your question:arguably. I think he and Marinelli might make a claim for the D line, especially the tackles. You cant fix everything at once. Also I think they think more of Allen and Church than you do. Don't get me wrong. I'm not seeing Woodson or Polamolu. (bad spelling). But I think the answer is priorities and bigger fish to fry.
by Brad Sham 1:03 PM

How do you think the whole situation with Callahan being the playcaller will go over inside the locker room? Do you think the players believe Garrett's authority was undermined?
by Larry 1:09 PM

Undermined? Not in the locker room. I think the room will be fine with it. Callahan and Garrett and Wilson and Brown and Dooley and Pollack and Romo and Phillips will all have input into the game plan. If they block and run, it'll be fine. If they don't, you can reincarnate Landry and Walsh to call plays and it wont matter.
by Brad Sham 1:12 PM

Love your work, Brad. Not sure if you can discuss this, but do you feel Rob Ryan deserved more time here? Do you think he will make a difference in New Orleans?
by Vince 1:25 PM

Thanks, Vince. Babe has taught me a great quote from "Unforgiven". When Gene Hackman tells Eastwood "I don't deserve to die like this," and Eastwood says, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." I think Rob's a good coach. I think they'll be better off in a different scheme. But I also think some of the coaches Rob brought here who stayed..Eberflus, Henderson, Bloom...those guys are huge assets and I'm glad they stayed.
by Brad Sham 1:26 PM

So, just because Staubach supports Romo, people attack him. They accuse him of being on Jerry's payroll. Could it be that Roger, like, Troy, know that it takes more than just the quarterback to win a championship? Gosselin seems to think it's all on the quarterback, yet has no answer when you ask him how the Giants, with Manning last year, weren't able to get back to the playoffs. You cant win a champion, to say nothing of getting to the playoffs, without a running game that produces more that single digit touchdowns in a single season.
by Joe 1:34 PM

I'm not sure what your question is, but I agree with the premise. Personally, I think the quarterback is good enough. The rest of it hasn't been good enough in a few years to find out how much a difference he makes one way or another. He's not perfect. as Parcells would say. But let me have a functioning line and a strong running game and I think they're okay.
by Brad Sham 1:36 PM

Read the rest:
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...cowboys-questions-at-1-p.m.-ask-yours-now.ece
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...cowboys-questions-at-1-p.m.-ask-yours-now.ece

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
The defensive coaching staff is definitely a strength.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you think the whole situation with Callahan being the playcaller will go over inside the locker room? Do you think the players believe Garrett's authority was undermined?
by Larry 1:09 PM

Undermined? Not in the locker room. I think the room will be fine with it. Callahan and Garrett and Wilson and Brown and Dooley and Pollack and Romo and Phillips will all have input into the game plan. If they block and run, it'll be fine. If they don't, you can reincarnate Landry and Walsh to call plays and it wont matter.

The entire playcalling situation has been extremely overblown.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Brad, been enjoying your work for years. I remember one time in a post game after a loss, you asked Aikman a question and he responded "you'd have to be a football guy to understand." you said "then pretend I'm a football guy and answer the question." classic.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Yep been saying that for a good while.