Check here for Cowboyszone thread starting templates

superpunk

Reaction score
I figured I could save us all some time and energy by generating templates based on draft reactions.

For instance, say the Cowboys take an offenive lineman. You've never heard of him before, but the first scouting report you looked at had something negative in it. How should you react?

You have a few options.

Option 1

"(Prospect name here)??????????? [note the excessive use of question marks. This is crucial] What is our draft room thinking? Jerry's reaching for backups again."

This option is short, to the point, and draws on fear mongering by insinuating that Jerry is putting us back to persistent 5-11land. Definitely a fan favorite.

Option 2

"I can't believe we picked (prospect) with (allegedly superior prospect" still on the board."

Not only is this succinct, but it also provides you with countless options for midseason "We should have drafted..." threads. Use it wisely.

Feel free to submit your own templates. The name of the game is teamwork, here people. Guidelines? They need to be short. Almost no rational thought should go into your template. This will only serve to dilute your poignant message. They should incite emotion, rather than thought provoking discussion. If at all possible, insinuate that Jerry is on some mind-altering substance.

Also, if you have a legitimate summary and opinion of our draft, I'd like to hear it.

Make it a great day, brothers.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Can I suggest a quick glance at topics already started and use of the search button as a backup before starting a new thread?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
superpunk;1479003 said:
I figured I could save us all some time and energy by generating templates based on draft reactions.

For instance, say the Cowboys take an offenive lineman. You've never heard of him before, but the first scouting report you looked at had something negative in it. How should you react?

You have a few options.

Option 1

"(Prospect name here)??????????? [note the excessive use of question marks. This is crucial] What is our draft room thinking? Jerry's reaching for backups again."

This option is short, to the point, and draws on fear mongering by insinuating that Jerry is putting us back to persistent 5-11land. Definitely a fan favorite.

Option 2

"I can't believe we picked (prospect) with (allegedly superior prospect" still on the board."

Not only is this succinct, but it also provides you with countless options for midseason "We should have drafted..." threads. Use it wisely.

Feel free to submit your own templates. The name of the game is teamwork, here people. Guidelines? They need to be short. Almost no rational thought should go into your template. This will only serve to dilute your poignant message. They should incite emotion, rather than thought provoking discussion. If at all possible, insinuate that Jerry is on some mind-altering substance.

Also, if you have a legitimate summary and opinion of our draft, I'd like to hear it.

Make it a great day, brothers.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Damn Superpunk you outdid yourself there.

adamknite

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1479052 said:
Can I suggest a quick glance at topics already started and use of the search button as a backup before starting a new thread?

once again, there have been just as many threads started about loving the draft as there has been about not liking it. When a thread is started about loving our picks I don't see a single person say "This thread has been done enough!".

JPM

Reaction score
Mr. Turd Ferguson, you have done it again !

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
adamknite;1479091 said:
once again, there have been just as many threads started about loving the draft as there has been about not liking it. When a thread is started about loving our picks I don't see a single person say "This thread has been done enough!".

You must be confusing the Ranch and The Zone

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
zrinkill;1479111 said:
He cut a little deep huh? :lmao2:

Not really since I only had a problem with two picks.

But you mountain out of mole hill guys are like that.