Check Out Giants Record Last Year and Cowboys Record Now!!!

Reaction score
Last year, the Giants were the #6 seed, just like we are currently. This year, the Giants are the #1 seed and holds a first round bye and the Cowboys are holding the #6 seed.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Dallas beats Philly this weekend and goes to the playoffs as the last seed.

I'll come back to that later!

Let's go back to last year just to compare the SuperBowl Champs schedule BEFORE they make their run!

They Giants started off the season pretty hot, they are 6-2 by the time they had their bye week #9. Week #10 Dallas crushes them. Week #11 they beat the Lions.

Now it's Thanksgiving weekend, week #12. Giants get crushed by the Vikes.
They beat the Bears week #13, beat Philly week #14, loss to Washington week #15, Giants beat the Bills week #16 and loss to Pats week #17.

So, the Giants are 10-6 after starting off to a 6-2 record, as I mentioned before.

How does that compare to Dallas? Well Dallas's season has been up and down just like the Giants season was last year.

The Giants did just enough to get that the last seed, number 6.

Dallas, as we all know are 9-6 and a win against Philly puts them in the playoffs at 10-6 and the #6 seed.

The Giants were the road Wildcard team and had to face teams that nobody thought they could or would beat. Them teams were Tampa, Dallas and GreenBay. Well, we all know what happened, they beat all three and than beat the undefeated Pats and were the Superbowl champs.

What's this have to do with Dallas? Plenty! Dallas and Giants seasons 2007 and 2008 are scary similar. Now they are trading places.

I hope that if Dallas gets in the playoffs that they can return the favor to the giants and the rest of the NFC Conference teams and take back what should of been their's last year, A SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

WG5516

Reaction score
The story is cute. That's all I will say for now. Merry Christmas man!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Story has been done but I like this one, too. Hey, it's fine with me to duplicate their season last year. Fine as frog hair.

Reaction score
jobberone;2522207 said:
Story has been done but I like this one, too. Hey, it's fine with me to duplicate their season last year. Fine as frog hair.

Ya, maybe it has been done before but thought I put my opinion on it. Go Cowboys!

Matt

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2522189 said:
Last year, the Giants were the #6 seed, just like we are currently. This year, the Giants are the #1 seed and holds a first round bye and the Cowboys are holding the #6 seed.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Dallas beats Philly this weekend and goes to the playoffs as the last seed.

Let's go back to last year just to compare the SuperBowl Champs schedule BEFORE they make their run!

They Giants started off the season pretty hot, they are 6-2 by the time they had their bye week #9. Week #10 Dallas crushes them. Week #11 they beat the Lions.

They beat the Bears week #13, beat Philly week #14, loss to Washington week #15, Giants beat the Bills week #16 and loss to Pats week #17.

So, the Giants are 10-6 after starting off to a 6-2 record, as I mentioned before.

How does that compare to Dallas? Well Dallas's season has been up and down just like the Giants season was last year.

Dallas, as we all know are 9-6 and a win against Philly puts them in the playoffs at 10-6 and the #6 seed.

The Giants were the road Wildcard team and had to face teams that nobody thought they could or would beat. Them teams were Tampa, Dallas and GreenBay. Well, we all know what happened, they beat all three and than beat the undefeated Pats and were the Superbowl champs.

What's this have to do with Dallas? Plenty! Dallas and Giants seasons 2007 and 2008 are scary similar. Now they are trading places.

I hope that if Dallas gets in the playoffs that they can return the favor to the giants and the rest of the NFC Conference teams and take back what should of been their's last year, A SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

:horse:

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
And Lincoln was shot in a theater named Ford. And Kennedy was shot in a Ford called Lincoln.
Championship! :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've thought about this same thing for a while, and I think we will go on a run.
If we can put Romo in a hurry up the entire time, we can't lose.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First off, let me say that I think this Cowboys team is 10x's better than this Giants team. Sure we've lost 1 out of 3 but this Cowboys team right now is playing a lot better than that Giants team was at this time. But I think its silly to expect this team to be the Giants. I think the talent is there its just silly. Lighting doesn't strike twice. I hope the Cowboys do well. Finally coping with that Saturday loss i'm once again being sucked in by the Cowboys and believing they somehow someway win on Sunday. I just don't see a team doing what the Giants did last season. Not for awhile. Surely not a year later. I pray i'm wrong though. AT this point, i'd be happy with a win in Philly. Low standards I know but I just hope we pull that win. It atleast shows we have some form of urgency.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor guy. Here you go making a nice, optimistic post. Full of Christmas cheer. And all anybody will say is that it's old wine in new bottles.

I appreciate the positivity, at least. We're also winning games and will get into the playoffs on the strength of our pass rush, like the Giants did last year. With a coach who has no respect, like Coughlin did last year. And a problematic primadonna WR, and a QB who looks ******** and has questions about his leadership. It's meant to be.

slick325

Reaction score
Weren't the Giants the 5th seed last year? They were 10-6 and the Skins finished 9-7.

The Seahawks were the 3 seed and beat the 6 seed Washington. The 5 seed Giants beat the 4 seed Bucs. The 1 seed Cowboys would play the lowest seed still available following the bye meaning either the Skins, Giants or Bucs, while the 2 seed GB would play either the Giants, Bucs, or Seahawks.

All that to say, unless Atlanta loses and Dallas gets the 5 seed in 2008, the stories aren't the same. But I get where you're coming from.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
someone grab a brick and bust Romo in the head with it. He might get up and realize any bus driver could do his job ten times better!

grp05

Reaction score
DABOYZ;2522383 said:
someone grab a brick and bust Romo in the head with it. He might get up and realize any bus driver could do his job ten times better!

Really? :rolleyes:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
rocyaice;2522333 said:
Lighting doesn't strike twice.

Really? I guess you didn't see the end of that Ravens game. Because I thought I saw it happen. Something freakish, then the exact same freakish thing a few minutes later :( ...

JPM

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;2522304 said:
And Lincoln was shot in a theater named Ford. And Kennedy was shot in a Ford called Lincoln.
Championship! :)
Lincoln and Kennedy's last name both have 7 letters !
Did I just blow your mind ?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
We definitely have a chance to win it all just like the Giants did last year. They came on in the final week and in the playoffs and we can do the same thing. One of the reasons why they were able to do it was their passrush which we have going for us this year as well.

I would love to do what they did in reverse and knock them out at home in their first playoff game (we would face the Vikes then the Giants if the seeding stays the way it is).

There is not a team in the NFL that we can't beat and no one seems to be "all that" this season. Tennessee has been the most dominant team but they are far from unbeatable. I expect them to be the AFC team in the SB so if we get there that's who I think we will face. We can beat them.

All this is contingent on us pulling it together this week and carrying it over into the playoffs. If we don't then we will watch the other teams and look forward to FA and the draft and can discuss who our new coaches will be.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see any big comparisons between last years Giants and this year’s Cowboys and it is not like the Giants were the 1st wildcard team to make it. I think if Dallas can make it to the post season then yes we have a chance to make it all the way but Dallas has to stay focused on the game at hand and can't afford to look ahead.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2522189 said:

I want to run with "we are the Giants of last year"... and win it all!!

But... we have not "gelled" yet... that concerns me. We could lay an egg on Sunday.

Also... "we crushed Giants" minus Jacobs... he IS a gamechanger. Also a pass to Hixon down the right sideline was not caught and it would have changed the game.

So now I digress... I hope you are right and we are.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
The Giants have lost 2 of 3 in December and are likely to sit their starters this week, and lose to Minny who "has their number" lately anyway... hmm.... Lose 3 of 4 in December and have home field advantage... Sounds like us to a point