Check Out Giants Record Last Year and Cowboys Record Now!!!

lwehlers

Reaction score
the problem with us this year is we have to many injuries at key offensive and seconday positions. the giants were really healthy at the critical positions then we are. we are going into the last game with a slow left tackle that can not move his feet against speed rushers. just think what jared allen is going to do against adams if we get to play the vikings. also we need a heathly barber to pound the ball late in games so far choice has not proven to me he can pound the ball late in games. the giants and panthers and also to an extent the vikings with peterson can run ball no matter what the game situation is, our offense cannot do that. also witten being slow by his injuries is going to hurt this offense move the ball because witten is the number one receiver in this offense even if owens does not agree with that.

on defense we are very weak in the middle of our defense the ravens showed us that. i do not think we can stop the run on road for four straight games to win. if we get lucky to make the playoffs and win one game in it i will consider this team a success with all of the drama and injuries we have had.

kmd24

Reaction score
So what you're saying is, Dallas has as good a chance to win the Superbowl as Tennessee?

Brian_C82

Reaction score
I have no faith in this team. We can beat anybody, but we can also lose to anybody as long as Romo is under center.

GMen86

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2522189 said:
and take back what should of been their's last year, A SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Nice story but the part that get me is why the Lombardi Trophy should have been yours?

cmacch

Reaction score
GMen86;2522723 said:
Nice story but the part that get me is why the Lombardi Trophy should have been yours?

Not saying I agree with this sentiment, but some Cowboys fans feel that since the Cowboys played better than the Giants for the entire regular season, they deserved a SuperBowl win more.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Our underachieving team has to beat the eagles first then we can talk about being the Giants of last year.

GMen86

Reaction score
cmacch;2522945 said:
Not saying I agree with this sentiment, but some Cowboys fans feel that since the Cowboys played better than the Giants for the entire regular season, they deserved a SuperBowl win more.
So on the off chance the Cowboys win this year the trophy should really be the Giants, or for that matter Miami, NE, TN, Pit, Panthers, Ravens, IN, ATl, or any of the numerous teams who have a better record than the Cowboys.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Brian_C82;2522699 said:
I have no faith in this team. We can beat anybody, but we can also lose to anybody as long as Romo is under center playing and making decisions the way he does..

This needs to be ammended.
If he just changes his game... his approach... just a little. We can go far.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
rocyaice;2522333 said:
First off, let me say that I think this Cowboys team is 10x's better than this Giants team. Sure we've lost 1 out of 3 but this Cowboys team right now is playing a lot better than that Giants team was at this time. But I think its silly to expect this team to be the Giants. I think the talent is there its just silly. Lighting doesn't strike twice. I hope the Cowboys do well. Finally coping with that Saturday loss i'm once again being sucked in by the Cowboys and believing they somehow someway win on Sunday. I just don't see a team doing what the Giants did last season. Not for awhile. Surely not a year later. I pray i'm wrong though. AT this point, i'd be happy with a win in Philly. Low standards I know but I just hope we pull that win. It atleast shows we have some form of urgency.

The Steelers did the same thing 3 years ago. Not so uncommon any more. In the NFL of the past making a run like this as a wildcard was extremely uncommon. We went to the Super Bowl as a wildcard in 1975, and the Raiders became the first wildcard team to actually win a Super Bowl in 1981. However, with free agency, salary caps, etc. teams that actually make the playoffs are more even than in the past. Will it happen again? We'll see, but it's certainly possible.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2522189 said:
Last year, the Giants were the #6 seed, just like we are currently. This year, the Giants are the #1 seed and holds a first round bye and the Cowboys are holding the #6 seed.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Dallas beats Philly this weekend and goes to the playoffs as the last seed.

I'll come back to that later!

Let's go back to last year just to compare the SuperBowl Champs schedule BEFORE they make their run!

They Giants started off the season pretty hot, they are 6-2 by the time they had their bye week #9. Week #10 Dallas crushes them. Week #11 they beat the Lions.

Now it's Thanksgiving weekend, week #12. Giants get crushed by the Vikes.
They beat the Bears week #13, beat Philly week #14, loss to Washington week #15, Giants beat the Bills week #16 and loss to Pats week #17.

So, the Giants are 10-6 after starting off to a 6-2 record, as I mentioned before.

How does that compare to Dallas? Well Dallas's season has been up and down just like the Giants season was last year.

The Giants did just enough to get that the last seed, number 6.

Dallas, as we all know are 9-6 and a win against Philly puts them in the playoffs at 10-6 and the #6 seed.

The Giants were the road Wildcard team and had to face teams that nobody thought they could or would beat. Them teams were Tampa, Dallas and GreenBay. Well, we all know what happened, they beat all three and than beat the undefeated Pats and were the Superbowl champs.

What's this have to do with Dallas? Plenty! Dallas and Giants seasons 2007 and 2008 are scary similar. Now they are trading places.

I hope that if Dallas gets in the playoffs that they can return the favor to the giants and the rest of the NFC Conference teams and take back what should of been their's last year, A SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Exceptions to a rule, or in this case a trend, don't change the rule or trend.

That trend being that higher seeded teams tend to make it through to the Superbowl more often than lower seeded teams.

Go ahead and review the playoff seeding of all SB participants. You can go all the way back to SBI or look over the last 18 years since they went to the 12 team format.
Numbers stay the same. You have more #1 seeds than #2, more #2 seeds than #3 and so on.
Everyone wants to excentuate the exception. They talk of how seldom two #1 seeds face each other in the SB and that's true.

Doesn't change the fact that higher seeded teams are higher seeded for a reason most of the time, have an easier path almost all of the time, and more often than not, make it to the SB.

Now with all that said. I do believe we can make it to the SB and win it. However, if this happens, our story will have little resemblance to the 2007 Giants.
We are a preseason SB favorite.
We are preceived to be a better team than the 2007 Giants.
Nobody was talking about how likely it was for the Giants to get to the SB when they're postseason started.
Most will be with us.
We will be a substantial favorite on the road in RD one.
If we get to RD two, we'll probably be a slight dog. However, many more people will pick us than were picking the Giants last year against us.
There will be no powerhouse team waiting for us in the SB. If we get their we will be favored to win it.

GMen86

Reaction score
Giants were very healthy?!?! Shockey was IR and Burress was barely able to play.

Big Blue Joe

Reaction score
GMen86;2525318 said:
Giants were very healthy?!?! Shockey was IR and Burress was barely able to play.
The Giants had a practice squad player in the secondary seeing significant time, because of injuries, against the Cowboys in the Divisional round.