Cheetah's Top 5 QBs

Flamma

Reaction score
The Tua pick is understandable. You're not going to leave your QB off the list. Jackson is understandable. Even though I don't agree, I'm not going to kill him on the Dak pick. But where did Mayfield come from? Did Baker change his tire out on a snow packed road one day? Is Hill married to his sister? What's going on here?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is crazy how many people around here can easily disregard the opinions of people actually playing in the nfl lol
That is s very good point but it is also true no list featuring Dak Prescott of this nature will elicit agreement from the people you single out.

In fact, more negative responses will be posted as more lists appear on the forum. The same is true for any lists that offer more critical assessment of Prescott.

Action. Reaction.

John813

Reaction score
Tua has talent. It's just staying healthy. Doesn't have a canon arm but has other attributes that can make him a very good QB.

He had a head coach that didn't like him in Flores, and then an offensive line that had been bad/injured constantly.
Wasn't till McDaniel came around where they could start running the ball.

To me, the only odd pick is Mayfield. He had a good bounce back season last year, but still nothing to say he's top 5.
Burrows/Allen should be in there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tua has talent. It's just staying healthy. Doesn't have a canon arm but has other attributes that can make him a very good QB.

He had a head coach that didn't like him in Flores, and then an offensive line that had been bad/injured constantly.
Wasn't till McDaniel came around where they could start running the ball.

To me, the only odd pick is Mayfield. He had a good bounce back season last year, but still nothing to say he's top 5.
Burrows/Allen should be in there.
Yeah Baker is the one I’m trying to figure out do they have some ties or maybe they are friends but yeah that’s the only one that scratched my head. After Mahomes the top 5 can be 7 different guys and Baker ain’t one of them.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lamar when is playing loose is a top 5-7 as well.
Sorta off thread but seems like Lamar get "discounted" by most folks. His total production is quite good and this is on a modern team that actually tries to run the ball and uses the short passes to backs as an extension of the running game. He has had very questionable receiving corp over the years. Not that they've necessarily been bad but more that it's been more a collection of OK players and they have had injury issues of their own. In short, he hasn't been in a situation that is going to have him throwing for huge yardage every year. Yet he's won two MVP's.

Now I'm not suggesting that he is perfect. He isn't always on point as a passer ..... but he's a better passer than most give him credit for. Like most other ultra athletic QB's, when he is on as a passer he is very difficult to beat. When he's off, it's not pretty.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Baker was really good at cleaning the stadium after a game in Cleveland.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I would have been a more interesting list if it had been "Here's my top 5, excluding the two I have played with in the NFL".

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tier 3

CJ Stroud
Dak Prescott
Lamar Jackson
Matthew Stafford
Justin Herbert

Tier 4

Aaron Rodgers
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Jordan Love
Brock Purdy
Tua Tagovailoa
Kirk Cousins
Trevor Lawrence
@Yobwocs - we don't always agree but your top two tiers are spot on. Tier 3 & 4 can be argued a lot of different ways.

My overall comments would be that you can't have Dak In the same tier as Lamar, Stafford & Herbert & that wherever he is Kirk & Goff should also be.

I assume your rankings are based on last time we've seen them play projected for 2024. So, if you are projecting Rodgers decline due to age\injury, I get that but until we see the decline I can't lump him in with these guys.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself. Jerry has put you through enough misery. However, you keep coming back for more, you deserve what you make out of your situation. I mean, you still have Rowdy as your avatar......that's hilarious. Go Jerry!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle with a mental illness.
And she'd be a WNBA Champion! Or, busted for weed in Russia... lol.

Also, if a frog had wings, his butt would never get wet.
Something like that.

None of that changes the fact that Hill is as dumb as a screen door on a submarine.