Chelsea -Real Madrid

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 2 thoughts on this game and one relates to the NFL. First, Pulisic is already at age 22 the best player in US soccer history.......and its not even close. He will be the first American to play in a Champions League final, and he's not doing it from the bench riding the accomplishment of better players. He is literally one of the best players on one of the best teams. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

After the game, Eden Hazard was seen joking and almost celebrating with the Chelsea players on the field. The backlash from Real Madrid and fans has been stunning b/c its something we see after every Cowboy game. Players on the losing team smiling and joking around with the winning team........as if they all just got paid and winning/losing doesn't matter. It wasn't always like that in the NFL and it clearly is not like that in European soccer.

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I go back and forth on whether or not he made the right choice playing for the US national team, he could of played for Croatia.

US team needs to make some noise during his career. He's young there's time, but is it enough time for the US team to do something?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go back and forth on whether or not he made the right choice playing for the US national team, he could of played for Croatia.

US team needs to make some noise during his career. He's young there's time, but is it enough time for the US team to do something?

The US team is LOADED. This is the best crop of youngsters the US has ever seen. We have Gio Reyna at Dortmund. Weston McKennie at Juventus. Sergino Dest at Barca........ with Pulisic....... thats a solid foundation and by far the most star power we've ever seen in US uniforms. I'm not sure Croatia has a brighter future.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The US team is LOADED. This is the best crop of youngsters the US has ever seen. We have Gio Reyna at Dortmund. Weston McKennie at Juventus. Sergino Dest at Barca........ with Pulisic....... thats a solid foundation and by far the most star power we've ever seen in US uniforms. I'm not sure Croatia has a brighter future.
World Cup 2022. Hopefully the US will make a deep run.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I love Hazard and hated he forced his way to "dream side" Real Madrid. But CFC was fortunate to sell at his max price when eh has already hit his peak.

Pulisic is the most talented US player ever for sure. He's consistently been a creative force and created tons of scoring chances.
He is essentially Eden Hazard early on on his Chelsea days.

CFC has two Finals now and sit 4th in the EPL. Quite a season for such a young team.

The US is about to era a Golden era imo.
They've never developed young talent like across all of Europe.
In fact the best Americans seemed to cycle back home to MLS for the last decade to stagnate and fizzle.
Now it's hard to find quality sides without at least one American.
And in cases such as Pulisic, Dest, Reyna these are key players on solid teams.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*I frequent regularly ,an International, real time, gamer's WAR type of interactive forum,,, & lemme tell ya,,, not only are the limey's& spainard's gettin' aggressively overt during "international soccer" matches, but them frickin' Greek's& fuggin' Turk's fuzz up as well,,, LMAO:lmao:
*Mostly on Saturdays*o_O

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chelsea took the warm up match in the EPL today.
Was fun to watch but a few key guys were rested both ways.

Chelsea won it 2-1 but good, even match.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeah, Steffen being there as a back-up goalie is not the same as Pulisic. You can make an honest case that Chelsea would not be in the final without Pulisic. Steffen makes no difference at Man City bc he rarely plays.

I wasn't suggesting Steffen being a backup was the equivalent of what Pulisic does for Chelsea. Just that he is there and will be part of a championship if City wins. That is something that doesn't normally happen. U.S. players have very little champions league experience or success. Pulisic has already set the standard for American success in Europe. Steffen doesn't play, but he is a least gaining valuable experience being a back up on a top notch squad. I think that is very important for the development of a U.S. player. I think it is more important than if he were to come to MLS for a starting spot. There is definitely no comparison of what each player means to their team, but at the end of the game one American is guaranteed to be on the winners stand.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't suggesting Steffen being a backup was the equivalent of what Pulisic does for Chelsea. Just that he is there and will be part of a championship if City wins. That is something that doesn't normally happen. U.S. players have very little champions league experience or success. Pulisic has already set the standard for American success in Europe. Steffen doesn't play, but he is a least gaining valuable experience being a back up on a top notch squad. I think that is very important for the development of a U.S. player. I think it is more important than if he were to come to MLS for a starting spot. There is definitely no comparison of what each player means to their team, but at the end of the game one American is guaranteed to be on the winners stand.

Steffen is a good player and would start for most premier league teams. But we've seen American goalies on good teams before. Tim Howard .... Casey Kellar......Brad Guzan.....Brad Freidel. Steffen just got lucky he was on the right ship at the right time.

csirl

Reaction score
Steffen is a good player and would start for most premier league teams. But we've seen American goalies on good teams before. Tim Howard .... Casey Kellar......Brad Guzan.....Brad Freidel. Steffen just got lucky he was on the right ship at the right time.

Any reason the US didnt cap current Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph? Was in his mid-20s before he got a competitive game for Ireland - a lot of people assumed the US might have picked him 2-3 years earlier when there were a couple of other keepers ahead of him in the Irish setup.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any reason the US didnt cap current Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph? Was in his mid-20s before he got a competitive game for Ireland - a lot of people assumed the US might have picked him 2-3 years earlier when there were a couple of other keepers ahead of him in the Irish setup.

Not sure. The US is usually pretty stocked on goalies. Its probably the only position we haven't had trouble fielding consistent quality.