Chido and Lewis will be great

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fanzone freaks--- everyone it seems is dogging Chido and for that matter Jordan Lewis....I would

take those two over any one else on our team...Chido with better coaching will be great he has

all the tools..and Jordan Lewis i dont care he is only 5 10...Lewis has "Dog" in him and you cant

coach that...so everyone get off their back..thank you

GORICO

I thought you were going to stop the predictions.

CWR

Reaction score
fanzone freaks--- everyone it seems is dogging Chido and for that matter Jordan Lewis....I would

take those two over any one else on our team...Chido with better coaching will be great he has

all the tools..and Jordan Lewis i dont care he is only 5 10...Lewis has "Dog" in him and you cant

GORICO

Im with you brother. The hate has gone too far. I think they both turn in good years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a lot of competition at cb. Size isn’t on their side as you can see with the new coaching staff they want big corners. Well see how they compete without Garrett and company at the helm. I don’t think either will be with the team come 2021 though
Awuzie is certainly big enough to fit within the size range the team as accumulated at CB. He is taller than some on the team, and the one's taller than he is are only by 1-2" inches.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think with a new coaching regime that disguises coverages and blitzes combined with new and seriously upgraded DL...the secondary is gonna look much better and get some TOs

how do you hide cover 1 man or cover 3?

they put that WR in motion for a reason.

Seriously, that scheme we ran last season worked for the Hawks and the #LegionOfBoom. Richard has it perfected.

we have Linguist/who? and Harris coaching the DBs. Not exactly the A team.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I think when all the dust has settled Chido will end up being our SS and/or nickel corner.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I’m buying the dline scheme and Therefore linebackers were a problem and made Chido play awful narrative for now. That Rams game will always haunt us.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Awuzie is 6-0, 202 (when drafted) and had a 39.5 vert. That's considered a big CB.
Touché. Seems they wanna go bigger even still. I think chido still has a shot to ply well and stay with the team. New coaching can do wonders

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
2020 will be a make or break for Chido. It’s not a given he even makes the team.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis is only 1 inch smaller than Anthony Brown, ..only about 3 pounds lighter than Brown if that by now) but some still insist it's about him
being small that's kept him from moving up in the ranks, and i just don't believe that is true.

- what seems true to his credit is is he seems more of a natural play maker than Brown,(ala INTs, sacks) and i definitely do believe he is the best pure ball hawk in the entire secondary (we'll see rookie Diggs surpasses him) but i also tend to believe Lewis is still too much of a give- take CB, in that though while he will make an occasional INT, he'll give up his batch of catches and plays, he got extensive time when Brown got hurt and he was taken to school by not only beasley but skins steven sims jr. in the later half of the year. He does get turned too easily, doesnt seem to handle speed well on the outside and the point that he gets knocked off his tight coverage on occasions, may suggests that he does not play as strong as size suggests.

- I'm not the biggest Brown fan either, i think he does not have the surest hands for INT, as he's drops some, he doesnt have near as knack or ball hawk skills as Lewis, much better driving forward than in press & running upfield - and as you know Brown even more than Chido, has it bad when it comes to not getting his head turned around to locate ball and make a play on downfield passes, not but first Richard's anointed Brown ahead of Lewis and now even with the new coaching regime in, the team re-signs Brown to a 15 million dollar deal.
So what does that say for Lewis' role and chance of advancement ?
And while several blame Kris Richard for lack of advancement for Lewis, it doesnt seems like that's initial change in the immediate plans with the current team.

- Chido ? Whenever there's a chance of moving what was thought to be the top CB on the roster to a different position, that doesn't sound
encouraging entering his last contract year here. Yet just maybe a forward-drive player like Awuzie may make the positive waves Byron Jones
did when he switched to a different position. Chido doesn't make plays either, he's only slight better than Jones at getting the INT.
Safety ? think he can operate well vs slot WRs and TEs in man, but tackling regularly as a box strong safety , i dunno about that.

:rolleyes:

JayFord

Reaction score
If Chido turns his head around hes the best corner in the NFL

Seriously ive never seen a corner always in position always by the receiver but gives up the catch because his head is facing the receivers chest or face

ghst187

Reaction score
how do you hide cover 1 man or cover 3?

they put that WR in motion for a reason.

Seriously, that scheme we ran last season worked for the Hawks and the #LegionOfBoom. Richard has it perfected.

we have Linguist/who? and Harris coaching the DBs. Not exactly the A team.

You must’ve not read the articles about Richard refusing to disguise coverage, combine that with garbage QBs like Buffalo’s publicly talking about how easy it was to figure out what we were doing and picking us apart. Also combine that with Marinelli coaching the DL....and his brilliant talent evaluations...
I tend to think we can only get better with the changes. The Madden AI would be better than the previous regime...
We will see, but I’m optimistic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

GORICO

Here we go!!!...……………….

fivetwos

Reaction score
I promise all of you that neither is on the team in 2021.

Diggs and Robinson will start by the end of this year, one of the cast of big corners they signed will pan out, and they will draft another next year.

Two more Garrett infected bodies out the door.

The roster turnover here by the end of the 2021 season is going to be significant, and you can add 21, 19 and 54 to that list as well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
J12B--it was Richaard crappy schematic coaching that was biggest reason for Chido falling off last year...look at Chido the year before

So Chido fell off last year from 2018 because of coaching.

We need to get back that guy who coached him in 2018!

When a player who goes from 1 int and 11 passes defended to 1 int and 14 passes defended it is ALL about the coaching!

Bring back his 2018 coach!

kskboys

Reaction score

GORICO
I like both and feel as if neither has even come close to having their potential maximized.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This new staff likes their corners getting in the face of WRs.
Not passive, but aggressive!
You'll see us drafting bigger athletic guys with ball skills, who can also jam WRs early.
Both rookies fit that mold as do the additions to varying degrees of success
Lewis isn't big but he fits better into what we are looking to do.

Then there's Chido, Brown and whoever.....

Throw them out there and may the best men win the competition. I suspect we'll keep at least 6

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Chido is average to below average most of the time, and Lewis looks he might just flat out suck.

Getting rid of Jones will not be easily replaced and I won't be surprised if our secondary is burned often.