Twitter: Chido: "Last year, everyone knew what we were running."

fivetwos

Reaction score
For the life of me I cant understand how in any type of competitive situation in any walk of life you cant be bothered with disguising your intentions to your opponent.

Blows my mind how he got away with it for that long.

Makes me feel foolish for now knowing we never had any type of chance.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the giants/cowboys have mainly been a break here or there game, with few total dominations. Even the start of the great run by Dallas went to OT.
True, thats why those games were sun night games, season openers etc.
And that is why I say a better HC and OC would have helped Dallas win more of those games, but mainly I was referring to any playoff games.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
For the life of me I cant understand how in any type of competitive situation in any walk of life you cant be bothered with disguising your intentions to your opponent.

Blows my mind how he got away with it for that long.

Makes me feel foolish for now knowing we never had any type of chance.

there was nothing wrong with the cover scheme KRichard used. We had the 10th or 11th ranked pass D last season.

that #LegionOfBoom cover 3 works.

although we were missing the talent that SHawks had. 8/

Marinelli needed to go along time ago.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked Frank pollack. Smith, leary, freddy, zack and even a young la'el all rose to stardom under frank's tutelage.
No, that was Bill Callahan.

Pollack was only able to keep it going after Callahan while the starters were guys trained by Callahan. Once they had to replace starters, Pollack struggled to keep the scheme going in 2017.

I will say that I think Pollack was better than Columbo with regards to scheme. Columbo maybe better at individual technique coaching but didn't know the zone scheme that well.

robertfchew

Reaction score
:hammer:

I've made two predictions for this season:

1. Byron Jones will have more picks this year than any year with the Cowboys.
2. Our defensive unit will have more picks than it did last year and/or any previous year under Jason Garrett.

I am fully convinced that the lack of interceptions has to do with scheme NOT player.

We will see this season.

lol Byron having more picks than any year with the cowboys. The guy has 2 picks in his entire career so if he has 2 this year he will accomplish that and he will still be massively overpaid. If he somehow has like 6 this year then we might be able to blame the system.

fivetwos

Reaction score
there was nothing wrong with the cover scheme KRichard used. We had the 10th or 11th ranked pass D last season.

that #LegionOfBoom cover 3 works.

although we were missing the talent that SHawks had. 8/

Marinelli needed to go along time ago.
That's like saying Marinellis defense works also, but you need Sapp, Brooks, Barber and Lynch to make it good.

"Rankings" are by yards allowed and means next to nothing.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's like saying Marinellis defense works also, but you need Sapp, Brooks, Barber and Lynch to make it good.

"Rankings" are by yards allowed and means next to nothing.

If big Mikes buddy doesn’t have the 11th ranked pass D in 2020, it will matter. 8)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
lol Byron having more picks than any year with the cowboys. The guy has 2 picks in his entire career so if he has 2 this year he will accomplish that and he will still be massively overpaid. If he somehow has like 6 this year then we might be able to blame the system.

I think any improvement in picks whether 2 or 12 will tell us about the system and scheme.
As for him being "massively overpaid," I don't care. That's between him and the Dolphins.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

We are going to miss Byron so damn much, he was one of the best corners in the league in one of the worst schemes imaginable last season.