Chidobe Awuzie: What would be your plan

fansince68

Reaction score
There has been alot of speculation about Awuzie since the draft and post draft, where we have added 3 CB's. Coupled that with the talk of playing CB's at Safety, and its left alot of us wondering what the plan with Awuzie is.

What would your plan for Awuzie be, both now and for the future?
Trade him for a tuna fish and avocado sandwich.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm giving the guy a pass.....Kris Richard completely screwed with this guys head....and technique. Hopefully he can recover....and get back to the basics.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
There has been alot of speculation about Awuzie since the draft and post draft, where we have added 3 CB's. Coupled that with the talk of playing CB's at Safety, and its left alot of us wondering what the plan with Awuzie is.

Chido has allowed the culture to ruin him. He plays an apathetic game and has gotten worse since arriving in Dallas. He has zero technique and has also shows a desire to avoid contact. Lewis on the other hand plays with a chip on his shoulder. In my opinion Chido should compete for a starting CB job. If he gets beat out so be it. Maybe play a little S on nickel if he can. I would absolutely not sign him. Dallas drafted 2 guys that can really play this year. They just signed Brown. I would extend Lewis. Chido should be a goner. He deserves it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Chido has allowed the culture to ruin him. He plays an apathetic game and has gotten worse since arriving in Dallas. He has zero technique and has also shows a desire to avoid contact. Lewis on the other hand plays with a chip on his shoulder. In my opinion Chido should compete for a starting CB job. If he gets beat out so be it. Maybe play a little S on nickel if he can. I would absolutely not sign him. Dallas drafted 2 guys that can really play this year. They just signed Brown. I would extend Lewis. Chido should be a goner. He deserves it.

#ChidoHate

in many ways, Chido had a better season than BJones.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

My plan is he's a starting corner until someone proves to be better. Then, we can slide him to safety and see if he deserves to start there over Woods or Dix.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Richard's kick-slide technique was a poor fit for him. Jones benefited from it because it seemed to fit his skill-set. All it seemed to do for Awuzie is cause him to hesitate on his coverage, and you can't do that against any starting receiver in this league.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
For now, he has to stay at CB, a much more critical position that safety. When and if Awuzie ever drops to the 4th CB, then you move him to safety, only if you feel he can become a starter there. The plan should be to get the best five DBs on the field together.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'd leave him at corner and permit him to see whether or not our better coaching and more experience allows him to shine. If favorable results aren't seen halfway through the season, a move to safety might be considered. The defensive staff will surely decide what's best for him. I seriously doubt he was afforded enough deep safety help by the previous regime. I think he's a better CB than some here gave him credit for.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With better deep safety support with the new defensive staff's talent, Chido should have more deep help. If so, he'll play closer up!:thumbup:

He was forced to playing at a disadvantage by being charged with playing deep and not permitted to play in position to cover his receiver!

What was mainly at fault was a schematic flaw and not one that warranted him being held personally responsible for insufficient coverage.

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
Try Chido at safety during TC and pre-season and see if he can win a job..If he can't, Meh? Trade him for whatever you can get and be done with him.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

My plan would be to play him at CB where he has been vastly underrated by most fans

DuncanIso

Reaction score
With better deep safety support with the new defensive staff's talent, Chido should have more deep help. If so, he'll play closer up!:thumbup:

He was forced to playing at a disadvantage by being charged with playing deep and not permitted to play in position to cover his receiver!

What was mainly at fault was a schematic flaw and not one that warranted him being held personally responsible for insufficient coverage.

#LegionOfBoom won a super bowl with that Cover 3 scheme.