CFZ Chiefs, Broncos, Cowboys, and the NFL

LovinItAll

Reaction score
K.C. squeaked by the Broncos 27-24, and the Broncos were in it until Wilson got sacked on the last play of the Broncos last possession at the end of the game. The Chiefs entered the game as 12.5 point favorites, failing to come anywhere close to covering the spread.

I have no idea if Chiefs fans overreacted to the close win the same way Cowboys fans reacted to our victory over the Titans where we were 13.5 point favorites and covered without issue. To read what many here wrote after the Cowboys win, the fact that we didn’t win 42-0 was somehow cause for alarm. It wasn’t. Yes, backups played for the Titans, but backup cornerbacks, safeties, QBs, etc. know how to play their positions. What separates a backup from a starter in the NFL is typically a very small margin unless talking about top 5-10 player at their position.

Anyway, just pointing out again that bad teams beat good teams every week in the NFL. Other games, the better team may win, but not as convincingly as expected. It’s the NFL. It’s hard to win games, especially playing a third game in 12 days.

What really blows is that Philly will face NYG backups next Sunday, while we have to play a team that still has playoff aspirations. Of course, Philly could lose, we might win, and maybe the 49ers somehow lose. It would be sugar sweet to fall into the #1 seed, though it isn’t what I’m expecting. Stil…..it’s the NFL, the greatest sport in America.

Go Cowboys!

Edit: Washington has been eliminated. My bad.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a game in your life where a team is up 17 points in the 3rd quarter, the team that was down 17 turns the ball over TWICE in the 4th quarter after that and the team that was up 17 ended up losing the game? I've been watching since 1990 and I've never seen it, we allowed that against a 5-8 team.

If we had won that game we'd be in the driver's seat for #1 seat right now instead of hoping Eagles lose to Giants second team.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a game in your life where a team is up 17 points in the 3rd quarter, the team that was down 17 turns the ball over TWICE in the 4th quarter after that and the team that was up 17 ended up losing the game? I've been watching since 1990 and I've never seen it, we allowed that against a 5-8 team.

If we had won that game we'd be in the driver's seat for #1 seat right now instead of hoping Eagles lose to Giants second team.

I just watched a team this season blow a 33 point lead. What’s your point? You think that game means anything to anybody heading into the playoffs? I don’t.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That’s excellent news. I guess I didn’t refresh my ‘playoff pic’ page. Maybe they’ll roll over. One can hope….

You know full well the Ratscums aint never gonna just roll over for the Cowboys. Now if the Cowboys go out and hang 21 on them in the first quarter they may start making their offseason arrangements over the phone from the sidelines.. but I fully expect them to come after the Cowboys with everything they got at least to start the game. Unless they start Wentz.. That will signal that they have no intention of winning.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I just watched a team this season blow a 33 point lead. What’s your point? You think that game means anything to anybody heading into the playoffs? I don’t.

What do you mean it doesn't make a difference in the playoffs? It literally does that can factually be proven. We would just have to win against Washington next week who's eliminated and we would be the #1 seed. That means we don't have to play the first week and we have HFA throughout the playoffs. What are you even talking about?

rambo2

Reaction score
K.C. squeaked by the Broncos 27-24, and the Broncos were in it until Wilson got sacked on the last play of the Broncos last possession at the end of the game. The Chiefs entered the game as 12.5 point favorites, failing to come anywhere close to covering the spread.

I have no idea if Chiefs fans overreacted to the close win the same way Cowboys fans reacted to our victory over the Titans where we were 13.5 point favorites and covered without issue. To read what many here wrote after the Cowboys win, the fact that we didn’t win 42-0 was somehow cause for alarm. It wasn’t. Yes, backups played for the Titans, but backup cornerbacks, safeties, QBs, etc. know how to play their positions. What separates a backup from a starter in the NFL is typically a very small margin unless talking about top 5-10 player at their position.

Anyway, just pointing out again that bad teams beat good teams every week in the NFL. Other games, the better team may win, but not as convincingly as expected. It’s the NFL. It’s hard to win games, especially playing a third game in 12 days.

What really blows is that Philly will face NYG backups next Sunday, while we have to play a team that still has playoff aspirations. Of course, Philly could lose, we might win, and maybe the 49ers somehow lose. It would be sugar sweet to fall into the #1 seed, though it isn’t what I’m expecting. Stil…..it’s the NFL, the greatest sport in America.

Go Cowboys!

The Chiefs have won 2 Super Bowls in 57 years.

Loso86

Reaction score

Go Cowboys!

I've been saying the disrespect for Cowboys is REAL. But why do yall keep assuming Giants will rest players. Not everybody believes in that method

rambo2

Reaction score

Wasn't that game against the Jags? They are about to be a division champion.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I live in Kansas City. Their fans used to annoy me as they would totally over react. They seem to have settled in with expectations. I think going to two Super Bowls and winning one and losing one helped expectations. They seem to understand Maholmes and Kelce are two of the best and to enjoy the ride and see what happens..just my opinion.

Full disclosure, I don’t go on their chat boards, this is my observations from talking to family, friends, co workers, etc. I wear my Cowboys gear out and about and it’s nice to have grounded conversations with other fans.

I said all of this because the melt downs on this forum by our own fans is embarrassing. I have been a zone member for years and never really posted. I always enjoyed reading other views, knowledge and opinions on here. I have been a fan for over 40 years…yeah I am old. I started posting recently because…I am just sick of all of the negativity.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Go Cowboys!

Is KC a likely #1 seed? Have they been to the SB or Championship games in the last 5 years? Just checking where we draw the benchmark lines

rambo2

Reaction score
Is KC a likely #1 seed? Have they been to the SB or Championship games in the last 5 years? Just checking where we draw the benchmark lines
I think it was about 53 years between their 2 Super Bowl wins.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
What do you mean it doesn't make a difference in the playoffs? It literally does that can factually be proven. We would just have to win against Washington next week who's eliminated and we would be the #1 seed. That means we don't have to play the first week and we have HFA throughout the playoffs. What are you even talking about?

Oh, you’re playing the ‘if only we had won’ game.

Sorry, looking backwards is not something I do. I meant that the result of any game in the regular season has no effect on the result of a game in the post season. If you want to whine about what could’ve been, go right ahead.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Their potential seeding wasn’t the point. They weren’t resting starters, they just didn’t win convincingly. It doesn’t matter. They won, just like we did.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I think it was about 53 years between their 2 Super Bowl wins.
When was the last one? I dont recall Cowboys fans get worked up by losing to the 9ers in 1994 and 1995 regular season, losing to the Browns as well as being swept by the Commanders in 1995. In 94 losing to the Commanders cost HFA. but I recall it coming off 2 straight SBs

Jayinem

Reaction score
Oh, you’re playing the ‘if only we had won’ game.

Sorry, looking backwards is not something I do. I meant that the result of any game in the regular season has no effect on the result of a game in the post season. If you want to whine about what could’ve been, go right ahead.

Sure you don't, and then when we lose in the playoffs on the road to Brady you'll have no clue why.

So you literally erase all games played right after they're played and don't think they paint a picture of how good the team is overall? So I guess we're 0-0 huh you can't even remember the wins or the loses because you don't look backwards.

:lmao:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Their potential seeding wasn’t the point. They weren’t resting starters, they just didn’t win convincingly. It doesn’t matter. They won, just like we did.
The point is specious. The Chiefs have been to SBs and Championship games this decade.....Dallas has won 2 playoff games in 27 years. Their benefit of the doubt to "turn it on when they want" expired in 2008

LovinItAll

Reaction score
The point is specious. The Chiefs have been to SBs and Championship games this decade.....Dallas has won 2 playoff games in 27 years. Their benefit of the doubt to "turn it on when they want" expired in 2008

The point is most certainly not specious. It’s a fact. You think the Chiefs having won a SB somehow makes it better that they could barely beat the lowly Broncos? Or that because we haven’t been to a SB, we need to win games more convincingly during the regular season?

Rubbish.