Chief's Lineman hospitalized for seizure

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Report: Sampson drifting in, out of consciousness

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Offensive tackle Kevin Sampson was admitted to a New Jersey hospital Thursday morning after apparently suffering a seizure, Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil has confirmed.

s6990.jpg
[size=-2]Sampson[/size]

"I'm very, very concerned," Vermeil told The Kansas City Star on Thursday. "I've been trying all afternoon to get information. I haven't heard from anybody."

The Jersey Journal in Jersey City reported in Friday's editions that Sampson, 24, called 911 at about 10 a.m. Thursday complaining about not feeling well. When an ambulance arrived at an apartment building in Hoboken, Sampson asked to be taken to a hospital but collapsed.

The Journal reported that the 6-foot-4, 312-pound Sampson, in his second year with the Chiefs, was taken to the emergency room of St. Mary Hospital in Hoboken and was passing in and out of consciousness.

"I'm shocked, I'm praying and I'm frantically trying to get hold of someone," Joe Linta, Sampson's agent, said. He said he had tried to get information from the hospital but was denied.

A hospital spokesman told The Associated Press on Thursday night that no information about Sampson was available.

Vermeil had given the Chiefs the week off going into their bye weekend following their 37-31 loss to the Eagles on Sunday, Sampson's first start.

A native of Westwood, N.J., Sampson played college football at Syracuse, and Linta had been planning to meet him Friday night at the Syracuse-Connecticut football game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2183255