Chiefs release LB Erik Walden...claimed by Fins

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2431168 said:
I've got no idea if Walden can play, but the fact that Parcells has him is enough to piss me off.

I still don't understand why we drafted him.
We were on the clock and he was rated a couple rounds higher by the Scouts.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2431400 said:
We were on the clock and he was rated a couple rounds higher by the Scouts.

Which scouts? I saw nothing about him prior to the draft and I think it's fair to say I was pretty into the process at that point. Afterwards I looked him up and at the time the majority said 7th round if not undrafted. This is the top of the 6th, so a couple means he was rated as high as the 3rd to 4th rounds?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2431426 said:
What scouts? I saw nothing about him prior to the draft and I think it's fair to say I was pretty into the process at that point.
Our scouts. Tom Ciskowski and the gang. They had him ranked around the 4th round as a prospect so they were quite happy to take him as late as they got him. They wanted to put him on the PS so he could develop into an OLB in a 3-4. He was a DE in college.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
TheCount;2431426 said:
Which scouts? I saw nothing about him prior to the draft and I think it's fair to say I was pretty into the process at that point. Afterwards I looked him up and at the time the majority said 7th round if not undrafted. This is the top of the 6th, so a couple means he was rated as high as the 3rd to 4th rounds?

He said scouts... Not internet draft gurus writing from their mom's basement. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2431446 said:
He said scouts... Not internet draft gurus writing from their mom's basement. ;)
Dude, that stang. Warn me next time so I can tighten my face.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2431446 said:

:laugh2:

Well if our scouts had him ranked that high, and were lucky to get him in the 6th, why expose him by trying to put him on the practice squad? That makes zero sense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2431520 said:
:laugh2:

Well if our scouts had him ranked that high, and were lucky to get him in the 6th, why expose him by trying to put him on the practice squad? That makes zero sense.
Matt Moore ring any bells?

That last cut down is a roll of the dice.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2431560 said:
Matt Moore ring any bells?

That last cut down is a roll of the dice.

Moore was undrafted, that's a little different than a player you had rated around the 4th round.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
TheCount;2431520 said:
I think they simply messed up. Guess they thought they'd sneak him through waivers and maybe eventually find a spot for him like with Ball last year, but several teams put in claims on him.

BTW, reports were that some of the coaches definitely didn't want to let him go.

Oh well, who knows. Miami might let him go and we might eventually get him back anyway. Or if not him, someone like him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2431256 said:
Hey, Speed... I can't remember, and maybe you know offhand... But doesn't the waiver claiming order start off being based on last year's record, but at some point it switches to record of the current year?

Just curious if he almost got to us, or if Miami was #1 on the list like they were for the draft.
Yeah, I believe your correct that it goes by the current record.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2431426 said:

he had the 6th most sacks in the nation in '06

was hurt for much of last year, but played really well against LSU, had like 12 or 13 tackles in that game

I just wonder why we kept Justin Rogers, Walden made the most sense to keep, I guess hindsight is 20/20