Choice's running style, might be way to go against Baltimore

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've been saying this year, when I've got to see Choice play, that he seems a little like Barber to me only with a bit more speed and quickness. The dude runs hard, and relentless, and he makes pretty darn good decisions and turns the ball up field and gets yardage.

And he's a pretty darn nice target out of the backfield as well.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
dmq;2495406 said:
This is a clear reason why you always draft the BPA instead of need. Who would have thought Choice would even play this year. Now look how important he has become. Wise draft move Jerry. Maybe you have learned a thing or two after all these years.
Bennett, Scandrick, Choice, Felix(if he doesn't get hurt) makes our draft very solid.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Yeah, those 4 have really stepped up. I also think Jenkins will get there. If you take away the one tackle which he made the hesitant business decision on, he's been pretty good too. Not like his guy is running free all the time, and his athleticism is evident. He has decent size and good quickness and speed. It's just the other 4 showed so much for rookies. They really give a fan the thought that this team could have the talent to be competitive for a good long run here (if Romo stays around for that stretch).

Choice is better than I thought, and having heard that he was a 4 year, NFL style back in school, I had decent expectations to begin with. I thought he'd be solid, but he's got a little extra something that makes him a unique weapon in his own right.

3 really different running styles, all which complement and have their strengths in our backfield! How far a cry is this from Hambrick and Cason and that old Jets FB (who was an excellent player there and for us) is this! I'd like one more big bruiser who can back up the Cricket and maybe run it a bit better. A short yardage thudder, backup FB. Whenever we lose our FB it has hurt us last couple years, although Bennett and Witten have been filling in better when needed. I thought Lattimore might be able to do that, but they never really said they'd try and groom him at FB.

LarryCanadian

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think they should rest Barber so he's ready against Philly or the playoffs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jobberone;2495856 said:
I think they should rest Barber so he's ready against Philly or the playoffs.

Disagree -- even if MB can give us just 10 touches with a handful of effective plays (e.g., his 9 yard run, his catches of 10 and 14 yards) -- then we need him. Choice has been outstanding but he did slow down considerably against the Steelers late in the game - he'll be more effective if we can keep him at or below 20 touches