Chris Canty's real chance.

tkiehl

Reaction score
With Marcus Spears missing some time.....how fortunate that we drafted Canty....I live in virginia and I am not a fan....but boy did he stand out at DE...I watched a lot of his junior year games(no choice)...and I kept asking who is this guy and would love for him to be a cowboy....but the announcers kept saying he would be a high pick....but here is where he stood out and I do not care what his stat's were....he knew exactly when to jump with his hands up...i believe he played left de and just frustrated opposing qb's to no end...ala Ed To Tall Jones....I Really feel we have a special de that will make plays....remember he is an athletic 6'ft 7"....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Canty played primarily RE and that's where he is now behind Greg Ellis. Its possible they could flop him over, but since they have Ratliff already on the left there isn't a need.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Canty, Rat, Coleman - we have young players in the wings. Spears hopefully should be a rotation guy early on in season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Canty, Rat, Coleman - we have young players in the wings. Spears hopefully should be a rotation guy early on in season.
I agree with you. Don't faint.

:grin:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman start the season at LDE until Spears is 100%. Similar in size to Spears, played there more than RDE. Ellis and Canty would then man RDE and Ratliff would provide backup for both and maybe some at DT as well.

The good news is we have some depth again.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I have to have my pacemaker checked. Damn batteries must have been dead. I passed out on the Spears Cart news.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Kid has serious skills, but with the injurioes hes had I have a hard time believing he can contribute right away.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I love his size. Bill compared his size to Too Tall and Sean Jones. I'll take that any day!