Chris Long on the market

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Gotta say, I'm interested in bringing in one of this old vet DEs, as long as getting one does change what we do in the Draft.

Edit: And it's not expensive.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yea, whether it's Ware or Long, I still think an older vet will be our best option

Aven8

Reaction score
Nope.

Don't forget he left JG hanging at Mickey D's all night either!

TonyS

Reaction score
Like the motor and the drive and the talent. Not too much wear and tear from last year, if his neck isn't hyper-extended from that hold on the drive that put Atl out of FG position. Good leader. If best option at the right price, sign him up.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I like that attitude. He had 4 sacks in a limited role
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2016-snap-counts.htm

Actually, he played more than a limited role with the Patriots last year. He was on the field for 677 defensive snaps. The most of any of their defensive lineman. Unfortunately for him, a lot of his snaps were at DT when he is really a DE. If the guy is good enough for Belichick and his defense then he is good enough for me. Sign him to a reasonable contract. Put him in his natural position at DE and draft another DE in the 1st or 2nd round. Let the veteran Long help bring our newly drafted DE along. I like the idea of Long more than Ware because Ware has played his entire career as an OLB in a 3/4 defense except for one year in 2013 when he was coached by Monte Kiffin. With his back issues I am not sure how long Ware would last taking the pounding that a DE takes, especially when the teams runs the football at him. Ware missed 6 games last year due to injury.