Video: Chris Simms says Dak has New Throwing Motion

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The offense looks nothing what Linehan and Garret have been doing for years, and it obviously suits Dak better. If mechanics are helping him make better throws, great. But having wrs open all over the field also helps.

Confidence in your team, scheme and coaches have a lot to do with it too. He's just playing like he knows what he's doing and exactly where to throw it, at exactly the right time.

I suspect the improvement on timing is from Kellen Moore's coaching and schemes.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I can't even remember any established QB making a change of their throwing motion years into playing.. Maybe Jake Plummer or Mike Vick?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Confidence in your team, scheme and coaches have a lot to do with it too. He's just playing like he knows what he's doing and exactly where to throw it, at exactly the right time.

I suspect the improvement on timing is from Kellen Moore's coaching and schemes.

I thought I was watching the 1999 Rams out there against the Giants. I was not a proponent of Moore b/c it rarely works out when folks skip the coaching tree and don't pay their dues. But, I know what I saw was loads better than what I was previously watching in this offense. It will be interesting to see which defense figures out this offense first and how Moore adjusts. Thats the true test of a coach.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I honestly thought it was just his footwork that changed his what his throws looked up top.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Hello Chris Sims that's how everyone throws the RPO's. It takes a QB too long to do a full wind up, so everyone side arms it.

You've taught me nothing. Nothing, I say nothing.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I honestly thought it was just his footwork that changed his what his throws looked up top.

No, the difference in how fast he's getting it out has vastly improved from last year.

Dak is getting the ball out like a second or more quicker, I'd say.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yep, it's a lot quicker release too.

Like a lot quicker this year.

There's only one conclusion to make here: Although already good, Dak is still evolving and putting in the necessary work. And doing it with a winner's mindset.

The players like playing for Dak. You can see it.
Just like us Dak fans have been saying would happen all along.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't even remember any established QB making a change of their throwing motion years into playing.. Maybe Jake Plummer or Mike Vick?
I think in the video someone had posted of Kitna this past January, he said he changed his throwing style, thanks to his coach, Mike Martz, IIRC.

ghst187

Reaction score
The change was that he was throwing it into the WRs arms in the red zone for TDs!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No, the difference in how fast he's getting it out has vastly improved from last year.

Dak is getting the ball out like a second or more quicker, I'd say.
Yea his footwork would help him get the ball out quicker and it is also what both he and Kitna said he was working on all offseason and never said anything about changing his throwing motion. And his release is not a full second quicker.

ejthedj

Reaction score
More than the motion is the footwork and base. Dak is keeping his feet on the ground instead of bailing with his legs