Video: Chris Simms says Dak has New Throwing Motion

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's easier to anticipate throws when you're comfortable in the offense as well.

Linehan / Garrett did nothing to help Dak in the past to improve his game in that aspect.
So that's Kitna and Moore helping Dak with that?

Reaction score
This was a good start for Dak and the offense. Very encouraging.
But there will be sterner tests going forward. Maybe not in the next couple of weeks. But after that it will get tougher.
How will Dak and Moore react when things aren't going so well? After some 3 and outs? That's when we will see what this team is made of.
I think they will react well. But it's not always going to be smooth sailing like it was against the Giants. Stronger tests are coming. They need to be ready for it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wanted to chime in here and say that's why his first TD pass to Jarwin looked a little weird. He was so surprised and excited to see Jarwin wide open that he instinctively started to throw it the old "over the top" way. He caught himself right in the middle of the throw which is why the ball came out weird. Luckily it was a TD and after that he settled in and continued executing his new throwing motion/ foot work for the rest of the game.
Maybe, but, I thought I saw a Dlineman raising his arm for a block, and he hesitated until the passing lane opened. But his delivery, time-to-throw, and decisiveness are improving greatly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wanted to chime in here and say that's why his first TD pass to Jarwin looked a little weird. He was so surprised and excited to see Jarwin wide open that he instinctively started to throw it the old "over the top" way. He caught himself right in the middle of the throw which is why the ball came out weird. Luckily it was a TD and after that he settled in and continued executing his new throwing motion/ foot work for the rest of the game.

I think he double-clutched because he couldn't believe how open he was and second-guessed whether or not he'd missed a defender somewhere. But either way, you're right that I think he was so surprised he almost missed that throw.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you won’t because you don’t have enough of a backbone to admit you’re wrong. You’re hoping and praying Dak fails so you can come here and spew your hate. Do us all a favor and stay away.

Getting nervous are we as Sunday is getting closer??? Don't worry man Dak got this one in the bag baby!!!!

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
I think he double-clutched because he couldn't believe how open he was and second-guessed whether or not he'd missed a defender somewhere. But either way, you're right that I think he was so surprised he almost missed that throw.
Dak said he lost his grip on the ball, Aikman even said the same thing.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh my gosh.

Chris Simms is awful at this job.

Awful.

Watching him demonstrate the throwing motion, hard to believe he ever threw a football, never mind made it to the NFL. But I think he is OK at his job, in spite of that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Shoots some of the theories that accuracy can't be improved out of the water.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Absolutely it changed, one of the things I spoke about Dak in the past, the longer windup and how long it took to release the ball. Simms did a great job pointing that out.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The true test will be when he actually has some pressure on him. He was the least pressured QB of week 1 and was never hit while throwing. Mechanics can revert when under duress

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Shoots some of the theories that accuracy can't be improved out of the water.

I said last year and during the offseason that dak's biggest problem is he liked to throw off of his back foot. when he would do that, his accuracy and strength of the throw seriously degraded, like they would for anyone. if you watch his motion now he's more stepping into his throws, which will increase both power on the throw and accuracy significantly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I said last year and during the offseason that dak's biggest problem is he liked to throw off of his back foot. when he would do that, his accuracy and strength of the throw seriously degraded, like they would for anyone. if you watch his motion now he's more stepping into his throws, which will increase both power on the throw and accuracy significantly.
Kitna helped.

Cap12

Reaction score
No question his mechanics and approach have changed. No more "worm-burners" or "kite-balls". The ball is getting out faster. Even his mistakes are more accurate (and eminently more catchable). Yeah, there is room for improvement, but I must say that I love this new Dak. I'm finally confident that he can take the next step (instead of just hoping he will). I would say that his biggest detractors have less ammo now (especially when you look at a lot of young QBs in this league now).

Blake

Reaction score
Getting nervous are we as Sunday is getting closer??? Don't worry man Dak got this one in the bag baby!!!!

I've never been nervous before a single game that Dak has started in. He's this decade's version of Joe Cool. Now Romo on the other hand...