Chris Simms Top 40 QB List

ShortRound

Reaction score

Larger image: (edit sorry it's HUGE)
5rbZ9gw.jpg

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Not a fan of Prescott or Sir Carson, LOL.

Brees at 10?

He overrates Big Ben just a bit IMO.

And Rodgers at 1? There was a time when he was clearly the man but I think injuries and age have taken some toll on him. He's still an upper echelon guy however.

John813

Reaction score
Goff at 19 is too low. Can debate the "system QB" but he's done well since getting a good HC/OC.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Not a fan of Prescott or Sir Carson, LOL.

Brees at 10?

He overrates Big Ben just a bit IMO.

And Rodgers at 1? There was a time when he was clearly the man but I think injuries and age have taken some toll on him. He's still an upper echelon guy however.
Who's career is just about over. I am referring to Rodgers.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Lol this entire list is jacked and what's saddening is the lack of young talent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am shocked he has Dak ranked that high. I mean, he is a top 15 QB, but usually we see him at the bottom of a list. Especially from fans on here.
But no way Watson is #5 and Goff at #19.
Move Goff to the top 15, and ahead of Dak, move Watson to that 19th spot.

Make Wentz #13, Dak #12.

All the others doesn't matter as one can argue for any of them to be moved up or down.

JayFord

Reaction score
Any list where Tom Brady who is in his 40s and still in his prime with 3 straight Super Bowl appearances and 8 straight conference championship appearances still playing mvp caliber football isn’t number 1 isn’t a valid list

sean10mm

Reaction score
Big Ben lost his 2 best weapons after a season where he led the league in interceptions.
Cam Newton hasn't mattered since 2015.
Aaron Rodgers hasn't looked like Aaron Rodgers since the 2016 season.
Watson looked good, but he's also in danger of being sacked to death and turning into David Carr. He ate 62 sacks last year!

If you're factoring age-based risk in 2019, then dropping Brady and Brees a couple of ticks is fine. If not then having them out of the top 5 is psychotic.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of young talent there however!
When I say young I'm referring to 1st year contracts or just barely older.

Only 1 stands out as a guy who can stand toe to toe with against any other QB. Excluding vets in the top 15, Watson is overrrated on this list, as is Dak. 16-30 is all screwed up, including Jimmy and Kyler being overrated as well.

If this trend, bases in my opinion, continues with these low quality QBs there wont be any reason to not rack up several more championships with a solid team and an average QB. And if our QB ever becomes elite then it's game over for everyone else as they're close to retiring lol.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The fact Cam is higher than Brady and Brady is at 9 himself proves how out of touch this list is.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no need to waste time move Dak to the top five now.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems these QB rating are usually skewed in some fashion or another by what's already happened in the past or simply by personal opinions. If Dak has truly turned the corner, it'll be up to him to offer convincing proof that he should be ranked higher. Anyhow, ratings are made mostly to create interest.

I'm willing to wait to see what this season and those beyond have to offer. Even then, these ratings will always vary according to the individuals creating them. Taking these things too seriously is usually a mistake more often than not. Let's face it -- we're all prone to think what we will, regardless.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Larger image: (edit sorry it's HUGE)
5rbZ9gw.jpg

wait, Watson ahead of brady and brees....then he lost me....watson is in the 12-18 range......I don't care if Brady is 41, I don't care if Brees is 39. ..... and Carr ahead of Goff...seriously...…….Cousins ahead of Goff...I mean Cousins who wilts under any pressure......Kyler Murray ahead of Jackson....so what's Murray's stats in the NFL.

this was total BS ranking...