Christian Covington

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Im not going to pretend i know alot about him because texans games are tough to come by even on youtube. Theres one game that you can get a little view on the type of player he is. Guy has a motor that never stops. The week 12 game vs the texans.

3:09 mark
Mariota throws and Covington pursues the play and literally stops the player from getting the first down from behind. Instead of plowing into him and pushing him over the first down and possibly in for a TD. He has the control to grab him and hold him from going forward and takles him short.

The very next play on the video He pushes his man back and into the RB forcing the RB to cut outside and the LBers clean it up.

This is the type of player this team uses at NT. A guy who has the motor to move and pursue defend the run and give you pressure.

4:21 mark
Covington splits the C/G gap for the sack. First quick catches the C by suprise, the G cant keep up and gets a easy sack right up the gut.

4:47 mark
Pushes the G back into Marriota right from the snap. Marriota spins away from DE coming fron the edge. COvington see this spins with Marriota to get around the Pile and sacks Marriota. This is a really good play by Covington

6:17 mark
Is playing the edge, on the snap bull rushes the OT into the ground and slides off for the easy sack on Marriota. Marriota stumbles over the OT on the ground put there by covington and he gets the sack.

Now like i said im not trying to say this kid is the next big thing but You can see here he aint no scrub. You look at the DL for the texans and you can assume he's not going to start. I think this is going to be a good signing thats only going to look better once the season starts.