Reaction score
anything by johnny mathis.
cheap immitation of nat king cole
i'd rather listen to the original.

anything by andy williams.
can't stand his voice.
give me bing or perry como instead.
please and thank you.

Don't see the Johnny Mathis trying to imitate Nat thing. Different styles.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest and most listened to Christmas song of all time. From Newsweek earlier today:

How 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' Became the Biggest Christmas Song Ever
Samuel Spencer 9 hrs ago

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey may be 26 years old, but it remains an essential Christmas song. In fact, it might be bigger than ever. In December 2019, on the song's 25th anniversary, for example, it finally hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100.

In 2020, meanwhile, the song looks set to hit another major accolade. On December 4, the song looks set to reach number one on the U.K. single charts. Its only competition is Ariana Grande, who was born the year before "All I Want for Christmas Is You" was released. This would be Carey's third number one in the country, and her first since her cover of Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" with Irish boyband Westlife in 2000.
Some would argue that it is the biggest and most listened to Christmas song of all time.

Though Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" has sold the most physical copies—50 million, making it officially the biggest-selling song of all time—in a world of digital downloads, YouTube plays and streams, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" far outstrips it. The four highest-watched YouTube videos of the song, for example, have 900 million views between them.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...e-the-biggest-christmas-song-ever/ar-BB1bzeVn

BB1bzaKJ.img
What people don't know is that she was singing that to a box of doughnuts.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You”. A local radio station plays Christmas music 24/7 this time of year and they play that song about 50 times a day.
Yep, that's a music service that provides that and there's a station in every town of size that subscribes to that as I did at my last station to go All Christmas. I was only live in AM drive, like a lot of stations, if that, so I needed a source. But we went live with our own Christmas mix.

Since I had been in broadcast services before entering radio, I know a lot of people in the syndication side and this particular company I knew really well and I complained to them about that song because I was getting complaint calls. The CEO called me back and asked if I'd like to see the research and he sent me the file. He also remarked "I hate that @#$%^&*song and the one you'll see at #2 as well".

That song wasn't just the most liked, it won by a landslide over standards that had been around for years. In fact, the first two songs, the 2nd was that lame McCartney song that he must have composed on a roll of toilet paper, lapped the field and then some.

I shared that with my morning guy, who was not a fan of any Christmas music, and he just smirked and said "you don't have to show me that, those are the two most requested songs every morning and callers keep wanting to make dedications with that damned Mariah Carey song." As he was walking out, he turned and said "btw, I'll be asking off for future Decembers". I laughed, he didn't.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Justin Bieber - Santa Clause is coming to town. I've never actually heard it but can you only imagine?

Slade- Merry Christmas Everybody. If you didn't think classic rock could screw up Christmas listen again.

John Denver - Please Don't Let Daddy Get Drunk This Christmas. Need I explain? John flew his plane into the ocean for a reason.

The Chipmunks - All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. I began a chipmunk eradication campaign shortly after hearing this for my first time. Alvin and the munks get a .22 long rifle from me every year.

Hey!

I like slade and I like that song...It's still real to me darnnit

On a serious note, I do like that song and I like the Kinks Father Christmas.

with a side order of I want a Mistress for Christmas by AC/DC...oddly My wife hates that one. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally off-topic but 'music hate' in the thread title made me think of this immediately.

Walmart hired me in the late 80's as part of an initial setup crew for a new store. The store manager was BIG in regards to motivation and thought this was the PERFECT song for his employees to listen as they worked.

On an endless loop. Want to know when was the only time the music stopped? During each shift change! I volunteered to work double shifts the first week but they could not beg me to work sixteen hours and listen to that crap. Eight hours was my limit.

I believe most of us were relieved when the store's grand opening finally arrived. Surely he would stop playing that crap 24/7 when customers started pouring in, right? He did stop thank goodness. Oh wait. HE PLAYED THAT CRAP AN HOUR BEFORE AND AFTER STORE HOURS! EVERY BLEEPING DAY!

That experience made me dislike that particular Disney so much it sits at number two on my you-know-what list. Number one is "It's A Small World After All." Just gave myself another headache just thinking about that one. :mad::)

hahaha like pavlovs dog you hear that and start to gag lol.