Cinci - 23 vs Giants - 26 Final

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2279152 said:
Hype shmype. I'm buying into anything. I'm watching games. I'm watching my team make mistake after mistake, and they're still dominating good teams. I'm watching your team squeek by the Bengals.

I'm watching 32 teams that aren't the same squads as last year. I'm watching you team lose numerous vets. I'm watching ours gain explosive rookies.

Use whatever excuses you want...keep re-living the playoff game from last year that we played like crap and still should have beaten you...but it's a new year, and we're going to put you right back where you belong. In our shadow.

How many pro bowlers do you have now? 14? 15? 16? We have none. You have Tony "the choke" Romo. The NYGs can apply the kill shot when they need to.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2279185 said:
How many pro bowlers do you have now? 14? 15? 16? We have none. You have Tony "the choke" Romo. The NYGs can apply the kill shot when they need to.

Typical butt-sore Giant fan reaction. Just like your players...'WHAAAAA...why don't no one think we're good...*sniffle*'.

No one thinks your team is going to repeat, and rightly so. You got lucky last year, and your chances of repeating are miniscule to say the least. You barely beat one of the worst teams in the league yesterday, and you come over here to puff you chest with some false bravado because you're scared and cold, shivering in our shadow.

Guess what? No one is buying it.

:D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2279185 said:

You mean the same way you had Eli "the choke" Manning after his first two playoff starts as well?

It's wonderful to completely forget your own history after the fact.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2279210 said:
Typical butt-sore Giant fan reaction. Just like your players...'WHAAAAA...why don't no one think we're good...*sniffle*'.

No one thinks your team is going to repeat, and rightly so. You got lucky last year, and your chances of repeating are miniscule to say the least. You barely beat one of the worst teams in the league yesterday, and you come over here to puff you chest with some false bravado because you're scared and cold, shivering in our shadow.

Guess what? No one is buying it.

:D

Just got lucky huh? Beating the highest scoring team in NFL history, beating the only 18-0 team in history, a team that beat Dallas when Dallas was undefeated @ home, in a away game for them, by 3 TDs, would have been 4 if Brady held on to the ball.

i come here to see the freak show. When you guys go down, again, it's going to be sweet. You have no heart and no discipline.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2279212 said:
You mean the same way you had Eli "the choke" Manning after his first two playoff starts as well?

It's wonderful to completely forget your own history after the fact.

So true: Tony Romo

Did you know that during the three years that he started for Eastern Illinois, his team made it to the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs three times? It did, and on each of the three occasions, Eastern Illinois lost ... in the first round.

Add the two first-round playoff defeats that he's had as Cowboys quarterback, and we sense either a horrible trend or some cosmic coincidence. The man has never won a playoff game in his life. Am I the only one that seems concerned about that?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2280621 said:

Did you know that during the three years that he started for Eastern Illinois, his team made it to the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs three times? It did, and on each of the three occasions, Eastern Illinois lost ... in the first round.

Add the two first-round playoff defeats that he's had as Cowboys quarterback, and we sense either a horrible trend or some cosmic coincidence. The man has never won a playoff game in his life. Am I the only one that seems concerned about that?

Man giants suck Eli suck Coughlin sucks JJ is going to expose yall seahawks win by 10 jJ 150+ yards.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2280627 said:
Man giants suck Eli suck Coughlin sucks JJ is going to expose yall seahawks win by 10 jJ 150+ yards.

JJ's happy he's out of Dallas.

Do you know that the jersey Witten is wearing is the college all star jersey, that the college players use to wear when they played the NFL, Dallas ripped off their design.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2280628 said:
JJ's happy he's out of Dallas.

Do you know that the jersey Witten is wearing is the college all star jersey, that the college players use to wear when they played the NFL, Dallas ripped off their design.

So what does JJ being happy that he is out of Dallas have to do with anything??? What does the jersey have to do with anything those are some nice jersey anyways JJ will rip you guys up and then you guys will lose the next 5 or 8 I saw your schedule its time for the Superbowl chumps to get exposed. I don't see how you can be happy about anything the giants do this season as they are struggling against weak teams.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2280639 said:
So what does JJ being happy that he is out of Dallas have to do with anything??? What does the jersey have to do with anything those are some nice jersey anyways JJ will rip you guys up and then you guys will lose the next 5 or 8 I saw your schedule its time for the Superbowl chumps to get exposed. I don't see how you can be happy about anything the giants do this season as they are struggling against weak teams.

They are nice, college all star jerseys. You guys want heroes so bad. Did Jerry buy tickets to the NFC Championship game yet?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2280621 said:

And what exactly had Eli Manning won prior to last playoffs? It's much easier to come around and talk smack after the fact isn't it? It's cool though. By the end of the year you'll be like most other punk fans who do this sort of thing, you won't show up around here anymore.

Where were you win Eli was tanking his first two playoff starts? Did you go to Colts forums and mock Peyton as well for his rough start to his playoff career, and the fact that he never was able to beat Florida in college? Guess that worked out HORRIBLY for him in the long run too huh?

That's cool though. Live in the past. Enjoy it for the next few months. I'm sure you won't be man enough to come around and take your lumps AFTER you have nothing to talk smack about anymore.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2280657 said:
They are nice, college all star jerseys. You guys want heroes so bad. Did Jerry buy tickets to the NFC Championship game yet?
your coach made that up you gullable little boy.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2281382 said:
your coach made that up you gullable little boy.

January 13, 2008

Jerry Jones adds fuel to Giants fire

I was just about to book my flight to Green Bay next weekend, just in case the Giants win today. But apparently I don’t have to. The NFC championship game will be played in Dallas.
Just ask Jerry Jones.
According to a report on ESPN by Ed Werder (which I didn’t see because I was driving to Texas Stadium), when Jones gave each Cowboys player their tickets to today’s divisional playoff game, he also gave them two tickets to next Sunday’s NFC championship game.
Someone in the Giants organization saw the report, and you better believe that information was passed along to the players.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2282725 said:
January 13, 2008

Jerry Jones adds fuel to Giants fire

I was just about to book my flight to Green Bay next weekend, just in case the Giants win today. But apparently I don’t have to. The NFC championship game will be played in Dallas.
Just ask Jerry Jones.
According to a report on ESPN by Ed Werder (which I didn’t see because I was driving to Texas Stadium), when Jones gave each Cowboys player their tickets to today’s divisional playoff game, he also gave them two tickets to next Sunday’s NFC championship game.
Someone in the Giants organization saw the report, and you better believe that information was passed along to the players.
exactly! Ed Werder reported it. It never happened. he how's your undisplined wr?

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2283596 said:
exactly! Ed Werder reported it. It never happened. he how's your undisplined wr?

He plays best when he does not practice.

Giants at Cowboys Analysis: Jerry Jones came down to the Cowboys' sideline for the final drive and was shouting at the coaches and officials. That must have been helpful! On the final possession, Dallas had the ball in Jersey/A territory with an excellent chance to win. Owner Jones, who has long considered his personal genius the essence of the Cowboys' success -- never mind that his personal genius hadn't won a playoff game in 11 years -- shows up and starts shouting at people. Already, the week before, he'd made a point of lending only a lukewarm endorsement to coach Wade Phillips, who had just rung up the best Dallas regular season in a decade but to whom Jones would not give unqualified backing. The best regular season in a decade must have been because of Jones' personal genius! Now Jones is down on the sideline next to Phillips as the coach tries to make decisions on the final drive. Ever see Robert Kraft standing near Belichick in the closing moments as Belichick tries to make critical decisions? When the double whistle sounded, it still had been 11 years since Dallas won a postseason contest, and Phillips had became a career 0-4 in the playoffs. Bonus anti-Jerry Jones note: As pointed out by many readers -- including Gary Toth of Stephentown, N.Y.

-- several days before Sunday's game, Jones grandly handed each Cowboys player a pair of tickets to give to friends -- tickets to the NFC Championship Game at Texas Stadium, a game the Cowboys had not yet earned. The football gods surely took notice of that hubris.

You won't see many first-seeded 13-3 teams lose in the postseason at home to a team that gains only 230 offensive yards, but then, you won't see many first-seeded 13-3 teams whose coach is being distracted by the owner in the closing seconds as it goes down to the wire. The Giants' win was a testament to the role of special teams, but also was a meltdown by Dallas. For instance -- in the second quarter, the Cowboys staged a 20-play touchdown drive that lasted 10:28 and put them ahead 14-7 with 47 seconds till intermission. Ahead by a touchdown at the half at home, what's not to like? Except the defense allowed Jersey/A to counter with a 40-second, 71-yard touchdown drive that left it tied at 14 at halftime. The Giants' drive didn't even have any big plays, just several quick, intermediate passes aided by a careless personal foul by the Cowboys. As Jersey/A staged this quick drive for an amazingly easy seven points, several Dallas players were dancing and celebrating on the sideline as if they'd already won. They hadn't even gotten to halftime! Maybe they were looking at those NFC Championship Game tickets from Jones!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2284335 said:
He plays best when he does not practice.

Giants at Cowboys Analysis: Jerry Jones came down to the Cowboys' sideline for the final drive and was shouting at the coaches and officials. That must have been helpful! On the final possession, Dallas had the ball in Jersey/A territory with an excellent chance to win. Owner Jones, who has long considered his personal genius the essence of the Cowboys' success -- never mind that his personal genius hadn't won a playoff game in 11 years -- shows up and starts shouting at people. Already, the week before, he'd made a point of lending only a lukewarm endorsement to coach Wade Phillips, who had just rung up the best Dallas regular season in a decade but to whom Jones would not give unqualified backing. The best regular season in a decade must have been because of Jones' personal genius! Now Jones is down on the sideline next to Phillips as the coach tries to make decisions on the final drive. Ever see Robert Kraft standing near Belichick in the closing moments as Belichick tries to make critical decisions? When the double whistle sounded, it still had been 11 years since Dallas won a postseason contest, and Phillips had became a career 0-4 in the playoffs. Bonus anti-Jerry Jones note: As pointed out by many readers -- including Gary Toth of Stephentown, N.Y.

-- several days before Sunday's game, Jones grandly handed each Cowboys player a pair of tickets to give to friends -- tickets to the NFC Championship Game at Texas Stadium, a game the Cowboys had not yet earned. The football gods surely took notice of that hubris.

You won't see many first-seeded 13-3 teams lose in the postseason at home to a team that gains only 230 offensive yards, but then, you won't see many first-seeded 13-3 teams whose coach is being distracted by the owner in the closing seconds as it goes down to the wire. The Giants' win was a testament to the role of special teams, but also was a meltdown by Dallas. For instance -- in the second quarter, the Cowboys staged a 20-play touchdown drive that lasted 10:28 and put them ahead 14-7 with 47 seconds till intermission. Ahead by a touchdown at the half at home, what's not to like? Except the defense allowed Jersey/A to counter with a 40-second, 71-yard touchdown drive that left it tied at 14 at halftime. The Giants' drive didn't even have any big plays, just several quick, intermediate passes aided by a careless personal foul by the Cowboys. As Jersey/A staged this quick drive for an amazingly easy seven points, several Dallas players were dancing and celebrating on the sideline as if they'd already won. They hadn't even gotten to halftime! Maybe they were looking at those NFC Championship Game tickets from Jones!

link?????

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
I don't have the link to the story, but if you google Jerry Jones passes out NFC championship tickets, you will find more than enough stories.

Here a side note.

NEW YORK GIANTS
-- DE Justin Tuck, when told after the Giants' victory that Dallas owner Jerry Jones bought tickets for all his players for the NFC Championship Game next Sunday in Dallas, just smiled: "I hope he has a refund policy," he said. "He could lose some money otherwise."
page0_blog_entry694_2.jpg

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2285179 said:
What a surprise .... the troll has no proof.
"I know Jerry Jones and the rest of this organization is (sic) absolutely sick," Aikman said just before Fox fittingly began displaying its quick post-game countdown clock to the premiere of the network's new Terminator spinoff.

It afforded former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson just enough time to twist the knife a bit. Noting that Jones earlier had given each player two extra free passes to the NFC championship game, JJ cracked, "Maybe the Cowboys will go to Green Bay now (as spectators), 'cause they've got tickets to the game."

page0_blog_entry694_2.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/01/jerry-jones-adds-fuel-to-giant.html
http://www.fanhouse.com/2008/01/13/jerry-jones-probably-didnt-do-a-lot-for-the-cowboys-chances/
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080115&sportCat=nfl
http://www.unclebarky.com/abovethefold_files/39b99d66ff01c0990009e144c8542b60-694.html

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* I don't care if he did or didn't do that. The games aren't won, or lost, by Jerry Jones and tickets. They're won and lost on the field and the players didn't make the plays they needed to, when it counted most, and so they lost.

We'll see how it plays out this year.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2286951 said:
*Shrugs* I don't care if he did or didn't do that. The games aren't won, or lost, by Jerry Jones and tickets. They're won and lost on the field and the players didn't make the plays they needed to, when it counted most, and so they lost.

We'll see how it plays out this year.

Yeah, we'll see.