Twitter: Cincinnati Is Listening To Offers For The 1 Pick

reddyuta

Reaction score
no they are not,they did everything to get the no 1 pick for a reason.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cinny is 100% drafting him. No way he's actually going to refuse to play for them, especially since serious suitors to trade up are Miami and the chargers........ (can't whine about playing for a bad franchise when bad franchises are the ones interested in him)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
drafting Tua don't scare you? if there was ever QB that has bust written all over him that would be him. Id feel safer drafting Jaylon Hurts I think Tua will spend far too much time on the injured list

I need to know more about his medical but all signs point to him being fine and if he’s healthy you draft him..

Jalen Hurts is not a good NFL prospect.. He shouldn’t even be mentioned with Tua unless we’re talking about how he took his job at Bama.

If Tua was healthy it would be a legit conversation as to who the #1 QB is.. Tua reminds me a lot of Steve Young.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I need to know more about his medical but all signs point to him being fine and if he’s healthy you draft him..

Jalen Hurts is not a good NFL prospect.. He shouldn’t even be mentioned with Tua unless we’re talking about how he took his job at Bama.

If Tua was healthy it would be a legit conversation as to who the #1 QB is.. Tua reminds me a lot of Steve Young.
I can't wait to make fun of Tua. I might enjoy that as much as ragging on Baker Mayfield.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can't wait to make fun of Tua. I might enjoy that as much as ragging on Baker Mayfield.

I never bought into Baker.. Too many things that go against the grain of a QB..

Tua has a lot of things going right for him and he is a natural thrower of the football.

The QB needs to be a CEO type.. Clowns like Baker never really do well. Maybe his humbling this year will do him some good.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
drafting Tua don't scare you? if there was ever QB that has bust written all over him that would be him. Id feel safer drafting Jaylon Hurts I think Tua will spend far too much time on the injured list
The injuries are gonna scare some teams
And it’s a valid concern

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean with the Bengals having a streak of something like 7 1st round picks in a row missing large parts of the season due to injury I can understand why someone would not want to play for them. Maybe if they draft him in the second round.....

cern

Reaction score
They may have ‘let it be known’, but I’d bet you can’t find any public statements saying so before the draft. Exactly what is rumored to be happening with Burrow.
Not so. Elway and his dad publicly stated many times he would opt for baseball before he'd play for frank kush. Eli and archie manning said the chargers didn't develop their QBs and would not play for them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not so. Elway and his dad publicly stated many times he would opt for baseball before he'd play for frank kush. Eli and archie manning said the chargers didn't develop their QBs and would not play for them.

I could not find an example of a public statement that supports your contention, but I'm open to reading one if you can produce one.

cern

Reaction score
I could not find an example of a public statement that supports your contention, but I'm open to reading one if you can produce one.
All I can say is I read many articles from both. Elway's dad was a coach and eli's dad was archie manning, both looking out for their sons. These were the days of newspapers.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak, this years 1, and next years 1 for cheap QB play that allows us to build the team.. Um yeah.. I like our chances of winning the Super Bowl in the next 5 years.
Let's be real here no team places much value on Dak.
The only way is to give a bunch of picks or a three-way deal with the Lions with Stafford ending up a Cowboy or Bengal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I can say is I read many articles from both. Elway's dad was a coach and eli's dad was archie manning, both looking out for their sons. These were the days of newspapers.

Exactly, and far different from the internet of today. And all that's ever said is that someone "let it be known". If you can find direct quotes from anybody that came out before the draft, I'm all ears (or eyes in this case). But I've seen stories mentioning things only in retrospective terms, never any actual quotes or statements that exist before the draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
To be honest, Dallas doesn't have what it takes to get that pick. Miami could do it and Cinci would still land a good QB. But think about it, if you were Cinci, what could Dallas give you to trade that first pick?

cern

Reaction score
Exactly, and far different from the internet of today. And all that's ever said is that someone "let it be known". If you can find direct quotes from anybody that came out before the draft, I'm all ears (or eyes in this case). But I've seen stories mentioning things only in retrospective terms, never any actual quotes or statements that exist before the draft.
Elway was class of 83. 37 years ago. Whatever I read came from dallas morning news or dallas times herald.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were Washington I would seriously think about drafting Tua.. They better be 100% sold on their QB to pass on a player like Tua.

I know they have a shot at an elite pass rusher but you don’t pass on this type of QB prospect if you are unsure about your current guy.

It’s almost the same situation the Cardinals were in with Rosen.
Agree but do they have a QB oriented HC in Rivera? He's got to be licking his chops with a player like Young there. Many are equating him to Donald of the DE's. He is a handful and has played in the Big 10 where the Bosa's came from and so far, they're both worth the 1st pick of their drafts.

Did you see all of those Burrow signs the CIN fans were putting up in their last home game? The kid is from Ohio and as squirrely as Mayfield is, he went to CLE without any hoopla. I'd like to hear from him. Maybe someone is speculating?

I wonder what CIN would think about a trade with DET for Stafford and their 1st? Then they could take Tua because I don't see a new HC in WAS taking a QB that can't play and Snyder has pretty much put him in charge and not replaced their fired GM. I was hoping he would rehire that drunk GM that was hammered at games, he was fun.

garyo1954

Reaction score

Not hard to find......

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/04/27/sports/colts-pick-elway-but-the-quarterback-refuses-to-go.html

In part.....

"The Baltimore Colts opened the National Football League draft yesterday by selecting Stanford's all-America quarterback, John Elway. But hours later his father, Jack, said that Elway ''will never play for Irsay or Coach Kush.'' And, at a news conference in San Jose, Calif., his hometown, John Elway said:

''Right now it looks like I'll be playing baseball with the Yankees. It will be a couple of days, or maybe even two weeks, before I make the final decision. We haven't ruled out football, but it doesn't look good right now.''

Jack Elway, in a telephone interview from San Jose, also said that he had told the Colts ''before Christmas'' that John would not play for them."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elway was class of 83. 37 years ago. Whatever I read came from dallas morning news or dallas times herald.

That's what I got too. No public evidence of him or his Dad going on record stating these intentions. Just 'letting it be know' outside of the media, much like this report on Burrow. Rumors and innuendo, but no public statement.