Cincy, Arizona, St. Louis

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Can I be the 1st to say:

Thank God.

Dallas has a good month to clean up their play before they start playing teams that should even be able to set foot on the field with them.

This week is going to be a long one but thankfully brighter days are at least temporarily ahead.

Now, just time to down a bottle of Jack and a bottle of Tylenol PMs.

And I don't want to hear a single "horse before the cart" comment. If Dallas loses any of those games, they don't deserve to win another one for the rest of the season. With a combined record of 2-10 losing to any of those teams is not an option.

Boysboy

Reaction score
We're running a marathon, not a wind sprint.

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2294781 said:
Can I be the 1st to say:

Thank God.

Dallas has a good month to clean up their play before they start playing teams that should even be able to set foot on the field with them.

This week is going to be a long one but thankfully brighter days are at least temporarily ahead.

And I don't want to hear a single "horse before the cart" comment. If Dallas loses any of those games, they don't deserve to win another one for the rest of the season. With a combined record of 2-10 losing to any of those teams is not an option.

If we lose any of these games I will expect Wade's resignation.

No discussion, no excuses, I dont want to hear jack. If we get beat by the freaking Bengals, Rams, or Cardinals there is nothing else to say but see ya Wade.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2294794 said:
If we lose any of these games I will expect Wade's resignation.

No discussion, no excuses, I dont want to hear jack. If we get beat by the freaking Bengals, Rams, or Cardinals there is nothing else to say but see ya Wade.

The Iggs lost to the KYLE ORTON Bears today. Sure-Westbrook's injury didn't help, but the Bears had more injury issues themselves. And the previously undefeated Broncos got waxed by the lowly Chiefs.

Like I said-today's loss isn't the end of the world. We're running a marathon here(I hope our players realize this). We'll be fine.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2294797 said:
The Iggs lost to the KYLE ORTON Bears today. Sure-Westbrook's injury didn't help, but the Bears had more injury issues themselves. And the previously undefeated Broncos got waxed by the lowly Chiefs.

Like I said-today's loss isn't the end of the world. We're running a marathon here(I hope our players realize this). We'll be fine.

If we lose to the winless Bengals at Texas Stadium next week and that one-loss turns into a two game losing streak.........things will not be fine, Wade will find that out real quick.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294797 said:

Nah. they should fire Shanahan and Reid.

After all losing is unacceptable, or so I've been told.

DMX690

Reaction score
The lost today was bad but losing happen to every team. But this team must destroy the Bengals next game. No execuses, this game should be out of reach by halftime. If we can't destroy this cincy team then we have serious question marks, about the players and the coaching staff.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DMX690;2294840 said:
The lost today was bad but losing happen to every team. But this team must destroy the Bengals next game. No execuses, this game should be out of reach by halftime. If we can't destroy this cincy team then we have serious question marks, about the players and the coaching staff.

I remember last year when we had to start the season with a HARD 3 game schedule(Giants on SNF, @Miami-yeah, they sucked, but they usually win their home openers, and @Chicago on SNF).

Pt being that in week 4-we were FORTUNATE to play the LOWLY Rams. Remember how lethargic we were in that 1st half? It was 7-7 at the half, but they were playing with a rookie RB from Rutgers and Bulger had broken ribs. It was no surprise we pulled away in the 2nd half. Otherwise, we looked pretty emotionally flat throughout.

The Skins game yesterday was a much different story. Say all you want how "we beat ourselves", but the Skins have a pretty good team this year. After that lethargic performance in The Meadowlands in wk1, they've played very well the last 2 weeks coming in, and they look like a much improved team from Gibbs II.

Anyhow-I wish the league would lighten up our schedule to start the season sometimes.:(

DMX690

Reaction score
Boysboy;2294850 said:
I remember last year when we had to start the season with a HARD 3 game schedule(Giants on SNF, @Miami-yeah, they sucked, but they usually win their home openers, and @Chicago on SNF).

Pt being that in week 4-we were FORTUNATE to play the LOWLY Rams. Remember how lethargic we were in that 1st half? It was 7-7 at the half, but they were playing with a rookie RB from Rutgers and Bulger had broken ribs. It was no surprise we pulled away in the 2nd half. Otherwise, we looked pretty emotionally flat throughout.

The Skins game yesterday was a much different story. Say all you want how "we beat ourselves", but the Skins have a pretty good team this year. After that lethargic performance in The Meadowlands in wk1, they've played very well the last 2 weeks coming in, and they look like a much improved team from Gibbs II.

Anyhow-I wish the league would lighten up our schedule to start the season sometimes.:(

I'm not naive enough to think that we were going to go 19-0 this season. This team going to lost again this year. I believe the most important thing is playing well in December then come playoff time we peak and play are best football, barring any major injuries to our core players that's the gold. Everything this team does right now is just laying the ground work for the playoff push. Yeah, winning now is good but winning in January is better. Let's not repeat the same mistake we have shown over the last two season.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Great post, Hoof. I was going to post this myself.

Sometimes it's better to have a wakeup call in September than in December. Last year we couldn't pull out of it in time.

After Bengals, Cards, Rams, Bucs, we get @ Giants, @ Skins, 9ers and Seahawks for Turkey day. This thing is still doable, and we don't have to be perfect.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294797 said:

I certainly hope our players don't take the "It's a marathon" mentality to games. That would mean they think they should be pacing themselves.

Each practice, each game, each quarter... hell each PLAY is a sprint and they should be going all out every single play that they're on the field.

That whole "It's a marathon season" is a losers mentality. If it were a marathon, it wouldn't be do or die in the playoffs.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
There is no reason this team shouldn't be 6-1, hopefully, yesterday's wake up call will have an effect.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2294781 said:
Can I be the 1st to say:

Thank God.

If we continue to play those soft coverage we will get exposed by these team that have probowl caliber WR's. I see Chad Johnson TJ Housh, Anquan Boldin Larry Fitz and Torry Holt & Donnie Avery (not a probowl but he did something last week) and I get nervous.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
beating them does not mean our problems are solved.....and Jerry has an obligation to recognize this. He better go get Roy Williams or Chad Johnson before the trade deadline...or we are going to have our PROBLEMS resurface when we play GOOD teams again.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
A lot of you have obviously learned nothing from the loss, we SHOULD beat the next three teams we play, that doesn't mean we will and you guys shouldn't be talking like it's a done deal.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
What I a fear most is that these stretch of games against the armpit of the NFL will result in "Fool's Gold".

They will probably beat these clubs with minimal effort and may come to the conclusion that certain aspects of the team don't need fixing. Only to see the Bucs, Giants and Skins come in here and expose our flaws.

That is what kind of scares me about the next stretch of games.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
If we are not 6-1 for the Tampa game.....then you can have my Super Bowl tickets.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Yeah this soft part of our schedule does help now but if we don't learn nothing from yesterdays meltdown, then Dec. is going to be rough.

We have to remember that this is only been 1/4 of the season and we still control our own destiny.

Giants 3 - 0
Skins 3 - 1
Boys 3 - 1
Eagles 2 - 2

Hopefully our coaches can see what we all are seeing and realize what needs to be changed:

run the rock
if press coverage more motion for WRs
more misdirection plays/screens/flares
No more soft zone - 10 yard cushions
bring the heat

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294791 said:
We're running a marathon, not a wind sprint.

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Agreed. Any one of those teams is capable of beating us if they are taken lightly. Well, maybe not the Rams, dude.