Twitter: Claiborne speaks to the media

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'd caution everyone to just let it ride with Mo.

Stop jawing and making dramatic statements.
It really is pointless at this point.
It's pretty clear he isn't all that mentally or physically tough.
It's also pretty clear fans just aren't that aware of how good or bad he really is and just takes someone else's opinion and runs with it.

On film and in games live you see Mo is simply small and lacks power. Lined up across from Kenny Britt it looked like Britt was a Tight End. Mo came into the league with the ability to run with people and he does that amazingly well. He can also jump and catch. But he starts 3 or 4 inches closer to the ground than many/most NFL WRs and he gets knocked off coverage far far far too easily. One nudge and the dude is done.

But you can put him on DeSean Jackson all day. And DeSean will probably have the meltdown.

But you know what? End of year 2 Dex was facing much criticism. He was dumb as a doornail and could learn only one route right? He'd make the wrong read and leave Romo hung out to dry remember? He'd fight for yardage then fumble... right? There is no greater teacher than experience.

Orlando Scandrick is a better all-around CB than Mo by far right now. He's tougher mentally and physically. He's much smarter. How much of that is his 7 yards of league service? I am guessing a lot considering Scandrick could never beat out Jenkins as a young player. And I am talking about even once the team decided Jenkins was getting the heck out of here at first chance. But Scandrick has developed steadily. He's at his peak and we got him at a good salary. No reason to do anything but appreciate and play him.

As to the rest tho....

Sterling Moore playing over Mo? Get that Jenny Jones nonsense talk out of here. Moor eon the outside is covering maybe 10% of the WRs. Mo does it all the time and handles 75% of them. Do not mistake more successful play in one way for being better than player being asked to do far more.
That's how you end up starting Hambrick at RB and wondering why Emmitt is gone.

BUT HE WAS PICK 6... so friggin what?
You don't get the picks back.
Unless you are an insipid childlike fan that lives to complain what does it matter where Mo was picked?
What matter snow is trying to make him as useful as possible.
And that means having him to cover Victor Cruz and DeSean Jackson.
It means using him OUTSIDE matched up against the smallest Saints WR while Carr takes Jimmy Graham in man coverage a fair amount.
This was a terribly stupid week to have some you are benched talk with Mo.
The Saints are without Mark Ingram and use almost solely 3 and 4 WR sets.
We don't have a safety that stay with 10 yards of Graham.
This week the options were pretty simple.
You play either Carr(who is better versus slower but bigger WR types) or Scandrick who is out best all-around cover guy on Graham. You need Mo this week to play starters snaps.

I'm not that sure Dallas has any brains when it comes to developing players. Things like the timing here and understanding of their own players psyche's lead me to seriously question their acumen. Maybe they wouldn't need 75 consultants to help manage players if they could do it themselves....

Right now I hope they haven't lost Mo like they lost Jenkins.
Affordable, mediocre starting CBs are not trash you toss on the ground.

He has the ability to run with people?

Not sure what game you were watching.

11sWjo.St.58.jpeg

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Some of us are perpetually mad about how you present yourself while backpedaling into a sea of yellow Mr. Claiburn. (Thx Sportsbabe..lol)

I just want to be competitive on the football field. Mo has not represented that concept since I've "known him". I've seen enough. You would think this team would be tired of getting punked by passing games over and over and over again.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i watched the oscan interview too....much better. I think Mo has some growing up to do personally. Until you become a man, you wont utilize your mind and body to its full potential.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I just want to be competitive on the football field. Mo has not represented that concept since I've "known him". I've seen enough. You would think this team would be tired of getting punked by passing games over and over and over again.

Burn is a perfect addition to his name.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
You guys are rough. Seems like he took responsibility for his actions. Granted, there's the whole issue of trading up for him ...

gmoney112

Reaction score
You guys are rough. Seems like he took responsibility for his actions. Granted, there's the whole issue of trading up for him ...

And if this was a, you know, real job, as soon as he left the workplace his boss would have told him to get **** and never come back.

Now I know what Mo's problem is, he not only reads at a 3rd grade level but he also has the maturity of one.

visionary

Reaction score
He's worthless at this point.

The chances are at some point this season they'll need his services and the hope would be is that he shows some resemblance of being a talented corner... and if that happened maybe they could squeeze a 4th or 5th rounder out of someone.

SB MVP :D

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Just watched OScans response. I love that dude. Now that's a professional DB. He'll be ready for New Orleans.

Yea he so good that he was out there when the Saints got 49 points and 40 first downs last year. i got news for you guys. Scandrick is below average player.and so is Carr. just ask Drew Brees.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
The way I see it, two things are important about Mo's demotion. (Although it ain't much of a demotion since 3 CBs is more common on the field than 2 nowdays, so "starter" is an overused and overrated phrase)
1. You can't say to the team, "it doesn't matter how you got here, drafted or free agent, the best players play" and then let draft status decide who is listed as the "starter." Players are quick to call BS on that. This is the coaching staff's message to all the players on the team: "You better give your best, and hope your best is good enough to get you on the field and keep you on the team. And if your best is better than somebody else's best, you will play ahead of them."
2. Second message is more personal, "OK Claiborne, let's see what you're made of. Will you put the team ahead of yourself? And, are you willing to work to prove us wrong?" And, if the answer to either of those questions posed to Mo prove to be, "no," then he needed to be benched now and cut later.

I'm not ready to write him off yet. I think his draft status gave him a sense of entitlement, and his injury history slowed his development. I believe he has the physical ability to be what he was drafted to be, I'm just not sure he has the intestinal fortitude to man-up and attack this "demotion" as a challenge.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I know we're all piling on and acting like we're so holy, give me a break. If someone walked up to you at your job, demoted you rudely, whether you deserved it or not, you're going to flip out. And a few days later, you'll be fine. If you don't like the guy cause he's struggling or just doesn't have the talent, that's one thing. But to jump all over him because of the way he acted, that's being typical internet trash. He got mad, left, calmed down and apologized. I'd hate to be the child of some of the self righteous internet kings & queens, I'd turn out to be a terrible child.

If it were me back in my day, I probably would've keyed Jone's car, urinated in the locker room sink, spray painted an eagle on Garrett's office door, and then flipped the fans off. Then a week later, I would've apologized. But that's just me, I knew I wasn't classy back then, and I surely didn't give a crap what washed up old people had to say about it.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I know we're all piling on and acting like we're so holy, give me a break. If someone walked up to you at your job, demoted you rudely, whether you deserved it or not, you're going to flip out. And a few days later, you'll be fine. If you don't like the guy cause he's struggling or just doesn't have the talent, that's one thing. But to jump all over him because of the way he acted, that's being typical internet trash. He got mad, left, calmed down and apologized. I'd hate to be the child of some of the self righteous internet kings & queens, I'd turn out to be a terrible child.

If it were me back in my day, I probably would've keyed Jone's car, urinated in the locker room sink, spray painted an eagle on Garrett's office door, and then flipped the fans off. Then a week later, I would've apologized. But that's just me, I knew I wasn't classy back then, and I surely didn't give a crap what washed up old people had to say about it.

The last sentence of your first paragraph is funny considering what you go on to say is terrible kid behavior. lol

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
At this point all I care about is Morris come back fired up and ready to play. I hope he has a huge chip in his shoulder and ready to prove everyone wrong.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
WWJD?

What would Jimmy do? :D

There's really no way of knowing.

We can all speculate

But jimmy was a proponent of treating players differently.

And you can't say whether or not he'd have a soft spot for Mo

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
They tried giving him a written out memo that Scandrick was going to get the start but he looked perplexed.
Next they told him scandrick was going to start over him, still looked perplexed.
Next they moved on to pictures...

orlando-scandrick-cowboys.jpg

Orlando in the next game

Maurice-Claiborne-espn.go_.com_.jpg

YOU in the next game

A few seconds later the look of realization hit Mo and he left the facility.

No way would he get this right: Jersey # (24) / Points allowed per game (6) = Wonderlic Score

Doomsay

Reaction score
Mad at him for leaving. Mad at him for appologizing for leaving. Mad at him for saying he will do everything he can. Mad at him for helping the team. Mad at him if he leaves the team. I think the problem might be people's ability to move on.

Yeah, that's the problem, teammates management and the fans are so unreasonable.

Doomsay

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Stop jawing and making dramatic statements.
It really is pointless at this point.

It's also pretty clear fans just aren't that aware of how good or bad he really is and just takes someone else's opinion and runs with it.

But you can put him on DeSean Jackson all day. And DeSean will probably have the meltdown.

BUT HE WAS PICK 6... so friggin what?
You don't get the picks back.
Unless you are an insipid childlike fan that lives to complain what does it matter where Mo was

Right now I hope they haven't lost Mo like they lost Jenkins.
Affordable, mediocre starting CBs are not trash you toss on the ground.

I just wanted to re-print this for posterity.