Video: Classic Larry Allen

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Secondary players would start to shake as Larry rounded the corner pulling at them...
In the Superbowl against the Steelers, one of the first plays of the game LA pulled & trucked their huge LB. (can't think of his name at this moment). I had been a little worried about how that guy would impact the game. I knew after that play they had sent a message.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In the Superbowl against the Steelers, one of the first plays of the game LA pulled & trucked their huge LB. (can't think of his name at this moment). I had been a little worried about how that guy would impact the game. I knew after that play they had sent a message.

Good share on Larry

Tussinman

Reaction score

Epic....

The Intimidator is competing in the 2006 Strong Man Competition. The player that can lift 225 pounds the most will win.

Larry Allen goes first. He rips off 43 repetitions, basically destroying the motivation and psyche of every other player competing. Nobody has ever seen 43 repetitions.

He then relaxes into a beach chair and entertains himself by observing the rest of the players attempting to match his number.....hysterical. Some of them just walk away.
What makes this crazy is they had already had a 16 game season and hadn't had an organized workout in 6 weeks leading to this contest (plus this was at the end of his career)

He literally just came off the couch at the end of his career (not even in peak shape) and busted out 40+ reps like it was nothing. That's what makes this crazy. Middle of the off-season he probably does close to 50 reps

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What makes this crazy is they had already had a 16 game season and hadn't had an organized workout in 6 weeks leading to this contest (plus this was at the end of his career)

He literally just came off the couch at the end of his career (not even in peak shape) and busted out 40+ reps like it was nothing. That's what makes this crazy. Middle of the off-season he probably does close to 50 reps
I remember some of his young teammates talking about how good he still was and not being able to comprehend his full potential.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm sure many of you have seen this but for those who haven't you are in for a real treat.

The Cowboys are playing the Saints and Saints DB intercepts Aikmans pass close to the line of scrimmage. He races down the sideline, seemingly for a pick six. Next thing you see is Larry chasing the DB at an angle 50 yards down the field before he makes the saving takle.

It's so unbelievable that it shocked the announcing team.

This play makes me smile as much as any I can think of. I remember watching that play and not knowing much about Allen at the time. When I saw this I immediately thought this guy might be something special.

Creeper

Reaction score
Larry Allen was the best OG I have ever seen. But Erik Williams was a guy nobody talks about as one of the best RTs in league history. But Williams regularly manhandled Reggie White and other top DEs in the league.

btw, Netane Muti benched 255 lbs 44 times at the combine.

This should have been 225 lbs, not 255. My error. Still impressive.

Reactions: BAT

HungryLion

Reaction score
If having a bar room discussion with people and the question of “greatest football player ever” was being argued.

You could say Larry Allen and it’s not crazy at all.

Techsass

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=discusses+larry+allen+train+whistlehttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=discusses+larry+allen+train+whistle

Justin Tuck was a defensive lineman for the Giants. Here he discusses how Larry Allen would tell the defenders that the next play was a run behind his block. He would do this by mimicking the sound of a train whistle by pretending to pull on one.....Woo Woo!

There was literally nothing they could do about it. Tuck would constantly attempt to convince his teammate to trade places without telling him why. Sometimes Larry's opponents would try to swing around him. When their coaches wanted to know why they were out of position they would pretend to forget the play.
Oh man, I laughed my a@@ off listening to that.

mrmojo

Reaction score

I'm sure many of you have seen this but for those who haven't you are in for a real treat.

The Cowboys are playing the Saints and Saints DB intercepts Aikmans pass close to the line of scrimmage. He races down the sideline, seemingly for a pick six. Next thing you see is Larry chasing the DB at an angle 50 yards down the field before he makes the saving takle.

It's so unbelievable that it shocked the announcing team.

From a standing start too....amazing athlete

mrmojo

Reaction score
Greg lloyd

plasticman

Reaction score
Larry Allen was the best OG I have ever seen. But Erik Williams was a guy nobody talks about as one of the best RTs in league history. But Williams regularly manhandled Reggie White and other top DEs in the league.

btw, Netane Muti benched 255 lbs 44 times at the combine.

That traffic accident was so tragic. Erik continued to play but he was never the same.

Before the accident, Erik was everything we use to describe Larry........except Erik wasn't the silent type.....and he wasn't as sweet as Larry.

Erik Williams turned Reggie White into a whiny, complaining little tattle tale. He spent one game practically yelling at the refs. Erik had totally got into the head of arguable the best D-lineman in history.

plasticman

Reaction score
Greg lloyd
Nate Newton was doing an equally devastating job on the other linebacker, Kevin Greene.

Both of those linebackers were 1st team All Pro. After this Super Bowl, they were never the same again. They never played together again.

Lloyd missed the next season and injuries began to plague him. Greene never played for the Steelers again, moving on to Carolina for his last few seasons.

Both huge guards were amazing when they pulled, excellent at locating their prey. Nate had uncanny abilities for his size and build. Jimmy Johnson put him on a diet for a few years but relented once he realized it didn't really effect his play. Even at 340 ILB's, Nate could dunk a basketball.

Larry and Nate were so good, they couldn't start Kevin Gogan, so he moved on to the Raiders, making the Pro Bowl three times.

That's right, so good that their backups were perennial Pro Bowlers

plasticman

Reaction score
Secondary players would start to shake as Larry rounded the corner pulling at them...
A whole lot of business decisions were made. His partner, Nate, said that there was nothing more thrilling than to make it out to the level past the linebackers and look at the expression on the face of the DB's as they realize they have to stop Emmitt who is running right at him.......behind an "obstacle"..

plasticman

Reaction score
During his first year at Sonoma, they are playing University of California Davis. After the first series of downs, their All Conference DT runs to the sidelines and tells his coach that they have to change gameplans. The one they have won't work against Allen.

Later in the game, Larry Allen ran over the All Conference DT, then ran over their LB who was also All Conference, and then, before the whistle blew, a safety. Their assistant coach, Fred Arp claimed that in that particular play, Allen obliterated their three best defenders

In a game against Cal State Northridge, he was credited with 22 pancakes.

Sanoma's linebacker coach, Lenny Wagner, would be constantly frustrated in practice. He would teach his guys a certain method that he wanted them to use and then Allen would obliterate them in practice. They would claim that the method doesn't work and he would have to explain that Allen was, well, different.

Allen was the NCAC Offensive Player of the Year...an offensive lineman.....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Epic....

The Intimidator is competing in the 2006 Strong Man Competition. The player that can lift 225 pounds the most will win.

Larry Allen goes first. He rips off 43 repetitions, basically destroying the motivation and psyche of every other player competing. Nobody has ever seen 43 repetitions.

He then relaxes into a beach chair and entertains himself by observing the rest of the players attempting to match his number.....hysterical. Some of them just walk away.

Surprised the plates weren't collared. They were just sliding toward the end of the bar, which must've made it a bit harder.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why is Larry Allen only ranked No. 95 of the all-time greatest players? :huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Greg Lloyd.
He used to be a badddd dude. Until he ran into Larry Allen.